Design for pond

Reaction score
otter,
i'm having a heck of a time deciding on the filter. it must be cheap and efficient. i found an above ground filter with primer pot that looks great but i've no where to bury it. in the picture you'll see rose bushes and ornamental trees. girlfriend's mom planted those so i can' think of touchin the roots more than i have with pond.

i could use part of pond for external above ground pump, but then building the wall inside othe pond hole would bring on more issues - the cement/cinder blocks would run this project over budget and i doubt HDPE liner would form to the cinderblocks or cement.

i've considered the laguna 4200 but its output at 6' is ~2850gph. pulling through a skimmer it'd be less.

Reaction score
otter,
i responded and now that i don't see my response. this website must have a bug to be worked out.
i meant to write, "pump" and not "filter."

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you asked where my filter was in the gallery pix... the water fall and mound are built around it..low profile,easy to hide, and 70 gallons of filter to boot!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
here are some pix with the upper flat stone removed so you can see.. i added a 18" extension to the waterfall weir.

Attachments

• SANY0733.JPG
    SANY0733.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 265
  • SANY0734.JPG
    SANY0734.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Nice! i thought i asked but i don't see it as a response to your two pictures. - I'll want to have an extension of my waterfall. it will be comeing out of a 55 gal barrel. or one waterfall will be out of a 55 gal barrel. still long way from that. if you see me on here in about a month or so, ask if i working on waterfall yet.

Reaction score
i'm cool with the filter design. mine will be quite like the one "koikeepr" posted other than having different media. yeah, filter is taken care of and i'm sure i'll be playing with it for years.

it is the extension i'm interested in. i guess i could jury rig one.

Ask a Question