Despite Tons of Rain Pond Level is Lower?

Reaction score
We have had a ton of rain here in GA, 3.5-4" raining steady for almost 24 hours. At one point yesterday my overflow could not keep up and it was spilling over the top (liner, between the rocks). Rain has slacked, still misting this morning, and my level is about an inch below my overflow in the skimmer. Does that make sense on any level?

Do not see any obvious signs of leak or damage...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Then one of your sides could have lowered .Did you check to see if anything may have shifted during the heavy rain .I have seen the ground raise up during heavy rain just like it does during freeze and thaw .How old is your liner and is it epdm

Reaction score
I may have figured it out. I have a pipe that will compensate for if the pump stops and all the water flows down the stream bed back into the pond. That pipe slipped out, which made the level go down when the power went out. It drained down to the oveflow and once the pump came back on, the level dropped. Thanks.

Ask a Question