DIY Air Lift Pond Vacuum

Reaction score
HTH said:
I would try it with and without the inside pipes. At the very least it would help keep the air more evenly distributed.

This is about building a gold dredge. I see a blower so it must be an air power version but I did not see anything on the lift when I scanned it.

Getting late I will check out your links tomorrow.
I have never seen a gold dredge of sorts in action...interesting. I will continue to look though his stuff but I'm not sure they are using air at all are they? Thank You.

Waterbug said:
Here's an analysis of an air lift. Missed this thread. Been reading Koiphen for more than 10 years, still haven't read it all.
That is a very nice thread, I'm excited to dig in and read through it! Thanks.

Reaction score
This is an update on the Koi Pond as well as a follow up to some of the pond videos that I've been doing (ie. Sioux Water Lily, Propagating Pond Plants, DIY Net Pot Plant Growth, etc...).

In This Video:
0:30 - Sharing My Plants On CraigsList
0:58 - Look at the new Water Lettuce
1:19 - Review the Net Pot that I made & the Plant Growth
1:48 - Treatment of Worms on Water Plants
3:00 - ViVor (Ultimate Survival BugOut Trailer
3:18 - New Baby Fish
3:47 - Sioux Water Lily Review
4:34 - Next Project = The Waterfall

Overall, the Koi Fish Pond has progressed nicely throughout the summer and the fish and plants are thriving. I can tell that we have a serious weakness in our filtration capacity and we need to amp it up. I also need to replace the UV light bulb and possibly put in a larger bulb. I have plans on putting in a skimmer as well as repairing the waterfall and hopefully building the a sand and gravel filter into the waterfall.

The Koi Fish and Gold Fish have procreated and now we have several baby half breads. My goal is to get rid of the gold fish and half breeds and give them to somebody that needs them and we will buy some nice high end Koi so that we can keep the breed as pure as possible. Or coarse, we want an all black one! haha

More to come soon, Wayne

Ask a Question