Do you have problems with speeders on your street?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that sleeping police man as we call them in the UK had some bounce to say the very least :LOL:
It'd certainly cramp our boy racers style somewhat to say the very least :happy:

Dave(y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish I had one of those darn things for the guy who keeps trying to run over me when I go walking!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Funny video, I've seen it a few times over the last few months on Facebook. I was talking to a deputy sheriff the past week and was telling him how bad the speeders were. He said he would come sit at the end of the driveway one day this week and try and slow a few down. I talked to him this evening and he said that he had set up in our driveway the last two days. 26 speeders in excess of 20 miles over the speed limit, three DUI's and two Narcotic busts. I was really surprised he even showed up, even more surprisd when he pulled up this evening and ask if they could continue through the rest of the week. they have been alternating between the road that runs along one side of our property and our driveway. each sits on opposite sides of a small hill. Guess they found a good revenue generating hot spot.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I'm just surprised that they didn't get a few for loud music, may have not told me or they may not be trying to push that issue but it's constantly that all day that people drive by with speakers in the grills of their cars. I wish they would do something about that, the speeding and the littering. It is good to know that they got a few of the drunk drivers off the road though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just surprised that they didn't get a few for loud music, may have not told me or they may not be trying to push that issue but it's constantly that all day that people drive by with speakers in the grills of their cars. I wish they would do something about that, the speeding and the littering. It is good to know that they got a few of the drunk drivers off the road though.
God I hate that with cars Larkin they are supposed to be aware one of the scenses is hearing if the speakers are making the car windows flex then its too loud , how are they going to hear emerfency vehicles ?
I wouldnt mind f it was Rock but it always seems to be that crap rave music or house music whatever its called , last week I saw my consultant at the hospital and they had to send a nurse out to a car parked outside with its music blaring out loud you could hear it through three walls into the room Val and I where in which is some 10 ft from where they were parked .
DUH!!!!!........I dont think the fact it ws a hospital had entered their collective brian cells because all four couldnt have mustered much in the way of them ...IDIOTS :mad:

Dave

Last edited:

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Here is what makes me mad, mad, mad. In Oklahoma, all police and emergency vehicles must obey traffic laws the same as everyone else. Then if they are responding to a call, they are allowed to go 15 mph over the speed limit but they must have their lights and siren on. I know this because I drove an ambulance as a EMT for 5 years. Now I get really mad when I'm driving along around the speed limit and a cop passes me going 30-40 mph over the limit with no lights or anything on. This one I followed and he would fly down the road with no lights on and then when he came to a traffic light he would turn on his lights to get through the intersection and turn them off again. I followed him and he drove like this to the police station and just calmly walked in like it was a shift change. If you complain then they make sure you give them you name and everything and soon you start getting tickets for the dumbest stuff and the city ordinance officer goes over your house with a fine tooth comb until you get several thousand dollars worth of fines! A few years ago, a cop rear ended a guy while responding to a call. The cop was "arrested" on the scene because he was driving while intoxicated (his blood alcohol was three times the legal limit) and the man that got hit was killed. The cop ended up getting 2 weeks of paid administrated leave and was soon back to work patrolling the streets.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Hey Dave... sorry, I'm one of those loud music guys myself. I have 1000 watts of stereo in my car...800 of it goes to 2 subs. I'm a 52 years old "metal head"!!!

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
I'm a 52 years old "metal head"!!!
I jam out with Sports Radio in the truck and 80's and 90's metal when I'm in the shop and in the yard. Whats interesting is my kids like the music, movies, and tv shows me and the wife grew up with. They don't care much for today's stuff but they can't get enough of Motley Crue and MacGyver.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hey Dave... sorry, I'm one of those loud music guys myself. I have 1000 watts of stereo in my car...800 of it goes to 2 subs. I'm a 52 years old "metal head"!!!
Doesn't bother me if someone wants to blow their ear drums out, Just do it INSIDE the car! I run a pretty decent system in my truck as well. My issue is the ones that are now mounting speakers OUTSIDE of the car, in the front grille then pumping 1500 watts of F this F that rap a jigga monkey jungle crude that can be heard from 3 miles away. You know it's loud outside when your sitting down watching TV and you can't hear what's being said on TV in your own house. BTW, has anyone noticed just how far away from the street I live???????

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Doesn't bother me if someone wants to blow their ear drums out, Just do it INSIDE the car! I run a pretty decent system in my truck as well. My issue is the ones that are now mounting speakers OUTSIDE of the car, in the front grille then pumping 1500 watts of F this F that rap a jigga monkey jungle crude that can be heard from 3 miles away. You know it's loud outside when your sitting down watching TV and you can't hear what's being said on TV in your own house. BTW, has anyone noticed just how far away from the street I live???????
What street.....? You guys are pretty remote -- and you can still hear it? That's too loud, for sure!

And when did the speakers start going outside the car? And what's the rationale for that.....I always thought that having music in your vehicle was for your own enjoyment -- surely there are laws against it, but it's one of those hard to enforce things.

I am for sure not a fan of loud music, but I worry mostly from a safety viewpoint -- you're supposed to use all of your senses when you drive, but loud music takes away your sense of hearing.....of on-coming traffic, emergency vehicles, etc.

Ask a Question