Do you name your fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Frank is huge! How many pounds of food does he eat a day?
I guess I had not realized that I named more of my fish than the average ponder. I guess it helps that multiple family members have selected fish to add and each has its own name. Just to name a few....
-Snowflake
-Admiral Ackbar
-Koi
-Brute
-Snickerpickle
-Nessy
-Captain Black FIn
-Speckles
-Captain Hook
-Baby
-Clorell
-Fatty
-Sir Wiggles III

I should do a thread at some point with pictures. I'm sure I'm missing a few as well but not all of the fish are named.
Sir Wiggles III? Sounds like their is a story with that one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
haha well.... My sisters fish was named Mr. Wiggles. He got a bad fungus infection and died. Thus, she got a new fish and named him Sir. Wiggles. He got stuck in the middle of some horse tail reed during a rain storm and when the water level dropped was stuck in the reeds and died. So she got another and named him Sir Wiggles III. Note: that all of these were the fattest fantails she could possibly find at the store. Thus the high mortality rate.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My three koi have names: Timothy, Wanda, and Sidekick (who grew into the biggest by far, of course). Only one of my 50 or so shubunkins/comets/regular goldfish has a name: Nixon, because the tail is crooked. None of the orfes do. Otherwise, only Fanny Fantail, who just lost her long battle with spawning-induced fungus. While it is sad that she died (and of course it had to be one of the few who got a name), she is responsible for the huge majority of the fish in the pond, so maybe she martyred herself to the cause of improved water quality to allow her offspring live happier lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My three koi have names: Timothy, Wanda, and Sidekick (who grew into the biggest by far, of course). Only one of my 50 or so shubunkins/comets/regular goldfish has a name: Nixon, because the tail is crooked. None of the orfes do. Otherwise, only Fanny Fantail, who just lost her long battle with spawning-induced fungus. While it is sad that she died (and of course it had to be one of the few who got a name), she is responsible for the huge majority of the fish in the pond, so maybe she martyred herself to the cause of improved water quality to allow her offspring live happier lives.

Very good names! Wanda and Sidekick are too!:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm going to really try and name the rest of my fish, this weekend!

@j.w The little "cave dweller" was just hiding
smyes.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Let me see....we have Denzel, Frankie Sinatra, Gibbs, Raylan, Jackie Chan, Waldo, the Shadow, Wanda, Patty, and Sunny. More to be named.lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My wife named the original two koi, skeletor because he has a perfect yellow outline of his skull on his head, and arrow, because when this all orange fish was younger, he had a big blue arrow in the middle of his forehead. It's still there, but very faded.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have a Sarasa fish which is totally white and has a red dot on his head. Like a Japanese flag. :D Gave it the name Mr.Miyagi.

Ask a Question