Dummy with a filter...me...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
image.jpeg
I am new to ponds, more specifically, those that need a filter/pump. I had no idea what I needed or what to look for. So Amazon, as my go to source, l picked one with almost 5 stars, good reviews, not too expensive. I get it in the mail, instructions so bad, I have no idea even how to put it together, what all the knobs do, what the extra parts are for. Through some trials, I figure out the fountain heads and how to clean the back filter, pictured here.

Thats the big one in the back. Well, today my fountain is just weakly working, so I pull the back filter, give it a good cleaning. Still not working. So Im like, what the heck? Giving the pump another good once over, ohhh! Theres a front filter too? And oh man was it nasty! Here it is all clean again.
image.jpeg
Well, Im working again, but was surely frustrated at first. Lol. Just a story of a newbie without a clue, lol. Anyone else had to learn the hard way?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I only look at pump wattage ,electric is not cheap That is why I went with laguna and always have used 2 pumps .One goes out there is always a back up in my pond .One goes to each filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I only look at pump wattage ,electric is not cheap That is why I went with laguna and always have used 2 pumps .One goes out there is always a back up in my pond .One goes to each filter
You are too complicated for me. Having a very large pond would be too expensive, and not just in electricity alone. The water to maintain it would be too much, not to mention environmentally unsustainable here.

Ask a Question