water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Oh ok I get it. I have seen those ones w/ the built in falls.
I hope you get your papers so you can get done w/ this house buying deal.
I've been spending some days down at our empty rental cleaning and repairing what the dis-respectful renters did to the place. I am not having fun to say the least. I have a long ways to go before it can be rented again. There goes the money flying out the window again :regular_waving_emot

We had one renter take us for over 7k, schizophrenic, he did voodoo, 27 large black garbage bags of food garbage saved in the place, built "nests" in the drawers roaches everywhere.

We had to pull the carpet, dry wall, trash the kitchen and fight roaches for about 3 months. But lol a good tax right off, and a good renter now.

Malak said:
I bought my watercress at the store today so we'll see if it grows roots. I put rooting hormone and miracle grow(appropriate name!) in also.

Malak good going with the water cress, bet you will get some nice roots.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
uh gosh addy what is wrong with people .They get weirder and weirder as the years go on .Afew miles down the road they had a renter and he got caught growing over a thousand shall we say happy plants as the D.E.A. told us when we tried to come back from our walk and they did not want to let us pass .We went by the place a little over an hour earlier and nothing stopped to sit with a neighbor and have an iced tea with her and then we headed home and got stopped .They wanted to know why we were walking by the house looking at what was going on ,well wouldn't you be looking .My neighbor I was with is a female prison guard and they asked us for ID who takes there ID on a casual walk ,not me .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We sent the renter an estimated bill of over $8,000. We will have to take them to court to collect. They broke their lease so most of the money is for rent due through Oct. Of course if we get renters in before then we will only charge them for up til then. The place was really dirty. Took me hours to clean just the stove. They hired some carpet guy to clean the carpets and it looks as if he never did anything. He said he will come back and re-do. He's as shady as the renters so not counting on him :confused:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy don't you know that everyone is considered guilty now until proven otherwise :rolleyes:
And you are not supposed to go anywhere............just stay home and behave yourself is their motto and nothing is free anymore unless you are not from this country...........bah humbug :confused:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Make sure you put your Watercress in flowing water cuz I read as Stroppy said that it likes moving water and will sometimes go bad and die w/ no movement. I'm gonna get some and put it near my falls. I heard some kinds can get up to 5 ft tall...............don't know if I like that idea. If one put it at the top of the falls in the water would it grown straight up of flow over like the Parrots feather?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sad sad when people can be such slobs where were they born in a barn ooops barns a probably cleaner

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
We sent the renter an estimated bill of over $8,000. We will have to take them to court to collect. They broke their lease so most of the money is for rent due through Oct. Of course if we get renters in before then we will only charge them for up til then. The place was really dirty. Took me hours to clean just the stove. They hired some carpet guy to clean the carpets and it looks as if he never did anything. He said he will come back and re-do. He's as shady as the renters so not counting on him :confused:
watch the judge shows, keep real good records, time, pictures, receipts ...............not estimates actuals

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Malak said:
Starting to get roots on the watercress just one day later. :)
fantastic malak! your thread did get side tracked a little lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy1 said:
watch the judge shows, keep real good records, time, pictures, receipts ...............not estimates actuals

I have a rental agent lady that manages it for us. She took 93 pictures of everything and sent me copies and the renters. I am keeping dates and hours worked to clean and have an itemized list of supplies used. She also sent copies of my itemized estimates of hours worked and supplies used to the tenants and price of my time per hour which will be revised as the actual amts as they come in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Malak I'd let the jar fill up w/ a nice mass of roots cuz the more roots the better they will do. You could also try a few out there when the weather gets nice and leave some in the jar longer to be safe.

Ask a Question