j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think you will have to overshoot to the moon ducky........................
duckpoints.gif

Reaction score
haha, well I called them..

they said "it will filter the water"..."you will have to backwash often because of the amount of waste from the ducks"...

the lady kept saying you need to overshoot the filter size (or something like that), she didnt really say anything when I said my pond would only be a max of 300 gals

she also said i need a pump that pumps XXXX amount, which I already knew
I guess it all comes down to degrees of filtration, as I said the ducks won't care one bit if the water isn't exactly pristine and the filter will likely keep the water cleaner than if you had no filter at all. But the thing is, even in fish ponds we do periodic water changes where we get rid of the old water and exchange it for new water. With a duck pond you are going to want to do that more often, in fact with such a small pond, and the fact that you don't have to worry about chlorine and fish, there would be no reason why you couldn't do daily complete water changes and skip the filter altogether.

Reaction score
I guess it all comes down to degrees of filtration, as I said the ducks won't care one bit if the water isn't exactly pristine and the filter will likely keep the water cleaner than if you had no filter at all. But the thing is, even in fish ponds we do periodic water changes where we get rid of the old water and exchange it for new water. With a duck pond you are going to want to do that more often, in fact with such a small pond, and the fact that you don't have to worry about chlorine and fish, there would be no reason why you couldn't do daily complete water changes and skip the filter altogether.

The whole point was to have something that did not need to have its water changed every 1-2 days, if i wanted to change the water alot I would just buy a kiddie pool or something

I thought a small pond with a bottom drain, good filter, ect would be able to last and stay clean for awhile before changing i had to change water

Ask a Question