Excess liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I built my first pond and I don’t know what to do with the extra liner that hangs over the edge. I placed flagstone on top of the liner at the edge and have 8-10 inches left and as much as 2 ft in the long side. The flagstone sits about 2 inches above water level. I don’t revive a lot of rain or snow and have relatively mild winters but hot summers. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5863.jpeg
    IMG_5863.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Hello. I built my first pond and I don’t know what to do with the extra liner that hangs over the edge. I placed flagstone on top of the liner at the edge and have 8-10 inches left and as much as 2 ft in the long side. The flagstone sits about 2 inches above water level. I don’t revive a lot of rain or snow and have relatively mild winters but hot summers. Thank you in advance!
You can cut off unnecessary liner, but keep some good overlap. There are many videos on this though that are pretty precise on the matter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I bury the left over liner after I trim it? Or cover with gravel? I was reading about trenches but I don’t know if that necessary. Thank k you again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Can I bury the left over liner after I trim it? Or cover with gravel? I was reading about trenches but I don’t know if that necessary. Thank k you again!
I've ton of liner like that that is just left buried with gravel. But you see that gravel will just end up being dumped in the pond when people walk on it, if its steep like that, some at least will. But you can definitely bury it with gravel and not even cut extra.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pastels.gif
@Sage23
Do not cut it! Save it all if you can. You can roll it, tuck it, do anything you can to save it and hide it as someday you might need it as things sink and settle etc. Many a ponder has cut when they wished they hadn't so be forewarned :smuggrin:

Ask a Question