Exposed liner above water level

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sadly, my first pond, the koi pond, has far more liner exposed than I would like. Learned how to correctly conceal it as I built the second pond, and never got back to moving the outer edge to have more space for rocks to hide it. So, about 4" of liner is showing, although it's mostly covered with a nice thick layer of algae now. :)

Reaction score
UGH!!!!! About 4 inches, pretty much all the way around my pond. :(

Sore subject. Why didn't I find this site before I built it????

I haven't gotten around to trying to 'glue' soil on the exposed liner yet. Will advise if I ever get to it.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Some. I've got some steep sides and no ledges so I still working on sissy socks for the exposed areas. Eventually it will be covered. Eventually...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Since my pond has boards on top .I screwed plastic garden edging to the edge of the boards and it covers the liner

Attachments

• splendors gate 2015-pond 032.JPG
    splendors gate 2015-pond 032.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 272
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It's natural, just algae that is growing on the edges. I used to have one out-flow for that bog, but now it runs over the whole edge (something was in the way of the outflow, and I let it overflow the inside edge) and created this look. I kinda like it, too!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's natural, just algae that is growing on the edges. I used to have one out-flow for that bog, but now it runs over the whole edge (something was in the way of the outflow, and I let it overflow the inside edge) and created this look. I kinda like it, too!
Mine does the same, all along the wall it trickles over, moss, carpet type algae grows beautifully.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have the same stuff on my waterfall rocks, and this time I'm going to leave it. No green string algae this year, so thinking this new stuff has overrun the green stuff. Does look very natural, and I like the look. Kind of like spongy rocks. :)

Ask a Question