Fake or bamboo look-alike for fountain

Reaction score
I live in the midwest and real bamboo is not available nor does it last. Does anyone know where I can get a durable bamboo look-alike so I can build my own bamboo fountain? If that is not possible, I can use real bamboo but it has to be around 3-4 inch in diameter in size. Does anyone know where I can get that?

Thank you!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I tried but so far Google gave me links to decorative bamboo trees. I want big size bamboo.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just google Imitation bamboo or faux bamboo cuz there are other places that sell it.

Reaction score
Thanks! I probably just searched bamboo and not putting faux or artificial in front of it. And yes, I found some but you're right. They're not cheap. I only need one or two. They usually more than what I'm looking for. Anyway, many thanks for all your response. I'd appreciated.

Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Three to four inch diameter and about six to 10 feet long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I live in the midwest and real bamboo is not available nor does it last. Does anyone know where I can get a durable bamboo look-alike so I can build my own bamboo fountain? If that is not possible, I can use real bamboo but it has to be around 3-4 inch in diameter in size. Does anyone know where I can get that?

Thank you!
google Asian bamboo 3'' to 4" here's one link took only a couple minutes to find as I was thinking similar for something else.

http://franksupply.com/bamboo/bamboo-poles.html

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Old post @GBBUDD .

But I was curious about the OPs comment that in the midwest "real bamboo isn't available nor does it last". I know gardeners who grow all kinds of bamboo in the midwest. They're crazy, but they love it! And I use bamboo in my garden for stakes and trellises - I have some pieces that I've used for years. Oh, well. The OP hasn't been around in a long time so I don't think I'll find out what he was thinking!

Ask a Question