Feeling guilty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
When I first paid attention to our pond that came with our house.... i noticed 3 orange fish... Back then I had no clue what they were and didnt care. I neglected the pond for 2 months. Then one day i come and note the water level was very low and the pump is struggling... so i added water. I noted the 3 goldfish still survived... They were 3 common goldfish. Fast forward a year later.... I added more fish and didn't want the three common orange..... they just took space. I felt guilty about relocating them or even euthanizing them... technically they lived in this home longer than I have and they even survived where other new fish did not....
So I made the pond deeper and kept them :)
Yes, I agree...in part, those 3 fish went from a 1 gal indoor bowl to a 30 gal pond, just for their own benefit. I do not take their lives lightly. If I did, it would be easy to catch them and throw them in the yard to die. Im not like that. That being said, I am very aware those guys will outgrow my pond eventually. Im already considering putting an ad in the paper to give them away. Sadly I dont know anyone offhand with a pond.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Given the standard usage of pesticides, herbicides and in some cases rodenticides by golf courses and the almost certain run-off, a water hazard pond would be the last place that should be considered for release of any aquatic animal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Its a public golf course....not something Trump would endorse, lol. They dont spray weedkillers. The dandelions are bushes that feed the turtles and we have lots of birds and fish in the ponds. I cant comment on the fertilizers though.

Ask a Question