Fence Around Pond Keep Geese Out?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm read that fencing around outside of pond will make it less attrative to geese to use the Pond in spring. I have a new pond this Summer and I put this around now so ready it the spring. Is it close enough to shore (about 2 feet away) or need to be closer? Will this help?

IMG_1349.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm read that fencing around outside of pond will make it less attrative to geese to use the Pond in spring. I have a new pond this Summer and I put this around now so ready it the spring. Is it close enough to shore (about 2 feet away) or need to be closer? Will this help?

View attachment 155166
Worth a try! But if these are geese that can fly I would think they might just fly in for a landing in the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm thinking the same thing - if they can fly, why would they care if there's a fence? But hey - let us know how it goes!

Is this a liner pond or a natural? It's a lovely setting!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it should act as a good snow fence! Keeping geese out? Not so much. They might slightly alter their glide path before landing.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Agree with above, it depends how big your pond is if they can land and take off

Ask a Question