Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
We have been having a lot of coyote attacks on pets lately so I got the predator fence (the yellow mesh) out and installed that I usually only put up during the hibernating season but I don't want to take any chances. I already lost a painted turtle hatchling this year as well as a rainbow very young rainbow koi. I think a cat got my koi but the painted turtle was due to a raccoon. Anyway here are a few pictures of the temporary predator fence up as well as a few of the "hawk chains" that I have not taken completely down yet. The "hawk chains" are really only used when I keep hatchlings or a rescued box turtle because the hawks will snatch the poor little turtles up and fly away before you ever realize what happened.
DSCN2035.JPG
DSCN2036.JPG
DSCN2037.JPG
DSCN2038.JPG
DSCN2042.JPG
DSCN2045.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WOW you really have to contend with a lot of animals .Here we get foxes and once in awhile a bear and once in awhile the loose cow or got from one of the farms here .When i first moved here I had my 2 dogs from NJ and a cow was by the side of my house and the poor dogs were scared to death .They were city dogs ate beef but never saw a live one :)

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I wondered what the chains were for. Thanks for explaining. And I agree with Sissy - you do have a lot of predators to watch out for!

Ask a Question