Ugliest Fence Challenge!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Your challenge is to go out and find, photograph and post one or more images of a truly UGLY FENCE.

I got this idea after riding by a hideous residential fence in our town. Images of my chosen homely fence will be posted as soon as Cathy can take me back so I can take a few photos. I actually feel sorry for the poor fence. It didn't have to be built so hideously.

Enter as many times as you wish! The winner gets a "gold star" just like in grammar school. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll have to take my camera w/ me walking and see what I can find here in our hood.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol not many fences here, mainly wire to keep in the cows.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OK, you wanted ugly fence how about ours? This is our invisible fence. LOL yes this is the second time this year I'm having to build the same fence. Thanks to my No fence building contractor and the big oak tree that went down during Hurricane Issac.

Attachments

• DSC02727.JPG
    DSC02727.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC02728.JPG
    DSC02728.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC02729.JPG
    DSC02729.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 281

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Larkin what is that house right next to your fence? It sure is close to the fence line and it's a one heck of a long one,almost looks like a train!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
[sub]A double wide mobile home. It's like 80' long. That's the people I have had trouble with since I moved here. Yes the trailer is about 20' to close to my property but I'm tired of arguing with them, I just want the fence up so all I have to look at is the roof top. That's enough for me. There are three mobile homes down that side of the property. Have about 10 more feet of planks to put up and the back fence will be done, Again. [/sub]

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aha, I thought that was the ones and man that sucker is long! I can see why you want that fence up there. Hope they don't make anymore trouble for you. Ya just never know. Will you ever need to go on their side of the fence to do any future staining? If so that could get interesting.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
JW, it's kind of complicated. The survey was done back in 1984 by a shady surveyor. When they documented it in the court house there is a gap of land up at the end where the trailer is, there is a over lap of land in the back. They argue the land is theirs, I had the original owners come and show us where the land actually is, PLUS had a survey done on my property which verified the stakes in the ground. Problem is in our state you MUST re-register the land at the court house if there is a change in description. I made a offer to settle with them but it was going to cost me $7500 to re-survey my land and all land that contacts me, it was going to cost them $4500. We both agreed that that was too much to pay over a disputed 8-21' of land depending on where you measure. So, I moved my fence over to where I know my property line is, their trailer sits right on the edge of their KNOWN property line. There back yard partially belongs to me, partially belongs to ????? and partially belongs to them. We have papers drawn up that they can't sue me for anything on that land, I can't sue them. They have free use of the land as long as they live there and don't put anything permanent on the disputed part, or I sell of that piece of land. I have the right and 3' of land behind the fence just in case I need to make repairs etc. The old woman that owns the property is a Bitty to say it nice, the people (her daughter and future son in law own the trailer) are pretty easy to get along with. Not that they aren't mad at me though because I made them move the trailer over 12' when they first brought it in and that cost them an additional $1500 they didn't have to move it, PLUS the $1500 they had to pay out to their surveyor to get approval to put the trailer in and find a TRUE property line for them to go by, add in the $250 we each had to pay for all the legal paper work to cover each other and it got pretty costly and they are low income. So I do understand why they don't like me, I don't care but I understand. I keep up the gravel road they use, I have helped them move in and spread dirt free to level the land back up. and I went and got their Mustang when she ran off the road during the storm and brought it home for them free when the Wrecker service wanted to charge them $220 to bring it a mile and a half up the road. All to help neutralize the bad feelings and show I'm willing to be a neighbor. The daughter and Son in law do talk to me and are really nice people other than the issue and they fully understand where the problem is as they have talked to the lawyers and court house on this as well as myself. We kind of agree to disagree. They ended up with the land to use as a backyard, I ended up getting my privacy fence up and I just have to deal with the racist remarks and being called a thief behind my back by the old woman. No big deal to me, My mom always told me when I was a kid " Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." LOL She's 86 years old and stuck in her old ways. As long as everything stays calm between me and the daughter and son in law I really don't worry about them doing anything to me that will be truly harmful.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well wishing you the best on this neighborly agreement. Sounds like it will work out for now. Who knows what will happen if they ever decide to sell. It sounds rather confusing and expensive to figure out. You've done and are doing the right thing in trying to keep the peace.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I am ashamed to reveal that this fence belongs to a "For Sale" house in our neighborhood. Don't believe this fence is a good selling point! :LOL:
Hey Big Lou, I think my old contractor built that fence last week! LOL I have a true ugly fence I want to get a pic of. Just haven't gotten by there to get a pic yet.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OK Big Lou, Here is a Candidate for Ugly fence.

Attachments

• DSC02854.JPG
    DSC02854.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC02855.JPG
    DSC02855.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC02853.JPG
    DSC02853.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC02856.JPG
    DSC02856.JPG