pump size for filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
rule of thumb is between your pump should push 1 to 2 times an hour your total gph...The smaller the quantity the more gph is recomended

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b SE Michigan
Country
United States
rule of thumb is between your pump should push 1 to 2 times an hour your total gph...The smaller the quantity the more gph is recomended

So my pond is 1200 gallons. Can you be more specific??? Dumb it down a tad. Thanks so much!!!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
You want a pump that circulates your pond volume 1.5-2 times per hour. So 1800-2400gph pump will suffice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b SE Michigan
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for your help. We got a 1800gph pump, It will go in the bucket with the balls in it and bags of lava rocks around the bucket. We will throw away the laundry basket that is 20 years old with the old pump too. It is supposed to keep the pond clean. We have silt in the pond you can't even see the fish. Also bought some sludge killer. While I was there I got some gorgeous Shubunkins. Hope they can outrun the Heron.

Ask a Question