Filter design for new pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thinking of building a raised pond in my garden.

I want to future proof it for Koi (if I don't I know I will change my mind) but want to save for the right equipment so going to stock it in the mean time with gold fish. I have small children and they love watching the fish at my local store.

The pond will have a 4" drain and the filter I have been looking at is the Kockney Koi Platinum 20000 Filter without UV but this does not have a 4" inlet.

So I plan to have just a "gravity" box that then is fed by a 2" pipe to the filter (something like below). Hopefully it makes sense.

My question is do you think it will work and if not what are my options.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

1689705371103.png
1689705395898.png

1689705515425.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WelcometotheGroupCup-1.gif
@Rayz0
How many gallons will the pond be? 6000 litres = about 1585 gals if that is what I read on your printout there. Not big enough for koi IMO. Shubunkin goldfish are quite nice.

Shubbies1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thinking of building a raised pond in my garden.
Does anyone over there put a inground pond in they are always raised , i can't for the life of me understand why the ony advantage would be a window

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A 2" line is not just twice as small it is closer to 4 times as small by water volume, It's ironic this site is owned by a Brit but we really don't have any raised pond experts from your side of the pond.

Ask a Question