Finally got some GoPro video of my koi yesterday

Reaction score
Mmathis said:
That was awesome -- your pond cover.
Thanks. I got it up in time before last Fall's leaf-drop and it did really well. It kept the larger leaves off but some of the smaller Oak leaves still make it though the net holes but it wasn't nothing that was a bother to clean up myself. Going into it I thought I would have a lot of leaves sitting on top of the net but, as my design allowed, rarely were there any as they just blew off and onto the ground. The net over the Settlement Chamber performed the same. Now that all the leaves are down I will remove the net from the SC but will keep the one on the pond as a predator deterrent.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix and that gopro looks like it must be a nice camera! You have lots of room for more fish :cheerful:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking forward to using my found gopro in our pond once we get home and the ice is melted.
The few videos I have made of missy on the beach are very nice.

Great job you did!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That was a lucky find Addy! I would love an underwater view of my fish, especially now with the outside temps dipping well below zero for days on end. What in the heck are you guys doing down there?

So when you put the camera under water, are you getting a video feed to show you what you're filming? Or are you filming blind and seeing what you got later? We put an iPhone underwater (in a waterproof case) and filmed our fish last summer - very cool! - but I would love to be able to see what I'm filming and move the camera to follow the fish.

Reaction score
Lisak1 said:
That was a lucky find Addy! I would love an underwater view of my fish, especially now with the outside temps dipping well below zero for days on end. What in the heck are you guys doing down there?

So when you put the camera under water, are you getting a video feed to show you what you're filming? Or are you filming blind and seeing what you got later? We put an iPhone underwater (in a waterproof case) and filmed our fish last summer - very cool! - but I would love to be able to see what I'm filming and move the camera to follow the fish.
My GoPro has a WiFi feature. When I installed the GoPro app on my phone, and connect to the camera's signal, I can see a preview on the phone and control the camera's start/stop actions. This worked well when I first tested it in my indoor aquarium but in the pond once there was about a foot of water between the camera and the phone the phone lost the WiFi signal. At that point I was visually watching from the surface. With the water being clear it was not difficult to see which way the camera was pointing or where the fish were. The only thing I struggled with was knowing if the camera was the correct height up/down and that turned out not to be too bad (as seen in my videos).

Ask a Question