First Cactus Bloom of the Year :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I just love cactus blooms. Seems they are brighter than any other flower. I noticed last night one of mine had its first flower.

This bed is my lowest maintenance bed. I did nothing to the soil and just topped it with rocks. The plants love it. I don't water anything in the bed but the vine in the back every so often. I am amazed at how fast this cows tongue cactus has grown.

This is the cactus two years ago after I planted it.
1eacbc13-6df7-48a2-b2a3-bb0de5613fa9_zpse38cfa62.jpg

And here it is last night
DSCN5127.JPG
DSCN5129.JPG
DSCN5135.JPG

And here are a few other pictures of the bed, other plants and some petrified wood I found on our property.
DSCN5131.JPG
DSCN5132.JPG
DSCN5133.JPG
DSCN5134.JPG
DSCN5137.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had one of those and took it out after a week of pulling those fine needles out of my hand and just barely brushed it by accident .I used tape and everything and hand swelled up because of it .There is 1 clump in Danville by the road that is 30 ft long by at least 8 ft deep .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
download
download

I do not remember the name of this cactus, it blooms at night into early am. My renter sent me these shots. We are most likely going to sale it, if they do not buy and we end up going there. If you want I will send you a part of it. I remember I paid around 100 bucks for one arm years ago. I also have a pink one, I hope it is still doing well. The blossoms are around 6 inches across.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
darn wifi here is slow, so only part of that photo loaded oh well

try again

download

download

Last edited:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had one of those and took it out after a week of pulling those fine needles out of my hand and just barely brushed it by accident .I used tape and everything and hand swelled up because of it .There is 1 clump in Danville by the road that is 30 ft long by at least 8 ft deep .
Is that where you dumped yours?

Ask a Question