First pond snake - ID help please...

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
I would like to add to this, No worries in Non-poisonous? Any snake bite and especially water snakes can carry mouth fulls of very dangerous bacteria. This can be just as deadly as a poisonous snake if left untreated. If for some reason your bitten wash thoroughly, clean with peroxide, treat with a local antibiotic ointment and watch for signs of redness.
One of my employees lost two fingers and stayed in ICU for a extended stay from a water snake bite, granted it got bad after about two weeks from being bitten and could have gotten infected by a number of things in a pet store. But It's better safe than sorry. After the fact we read up on it and they have bacteria in their mouth's that help in digestion similar to monitor type lizards Ex:the Komodo dragon and Gila Monster of the southwest US. which is venomous.

I said no worries after I told him that it will bite if picked up ;)

No pickup = no worries!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't like snakes but still hate killing a living thing ,thats why I have never eaten meat .But if something comes after me it gets it first believe me .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well they get in the way thats there problem and bugs well they are the bad bugs like stink bugs.I have never eaten meat and never will ,cheaper that way too .Grow and can my own and have done so since I was a kid .Men I worked with could never believe it until the entered my house during canning time .I would put them to work if they stood around long enough LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmm, sissy did the men who entered your house really ever leave or did they end up on your shelf w/ your canned goods :yikesu:

Reaction score
^LOL, that is strange she is a vegetarian - I thought they were all laided-back and relaxed. But I suppose anyone would snap with all the stuff coming Sissy's way lately. :-(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope left them go most are married men and there wives are friends of mine also .They used to stop over because I only lived down the road from the ford plant and when they would stop at the bar after work and have a few they would stop by to sober up before there drive home .Better that way than an accident or drunk driving ticket .I am laid back I guess but always a busy bee never time to look back .Darn back orders on microwave won't be here for a month .Gotta tuff it out ,no nuking .Oh well pots and pans warning here I come LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'd love to have a snake around my pond. The eating of the fish and frogs (not that I have any yet) is certainly a downside, but I love [nonvenomous] snakes. Of course, I also have three snakes in cages in my house!

Reaction score
Garters are fine, even with the loss of minnows and maybe a frog here and there. We have tons of them. Have not seen one near the pond yet though.

About 3 years ago we had just put a garter in a vivarium and it gave birth to 20 babies like the next day! That was a surprise.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
My weakness is Corns snakes, Milk snakes and king snakes. If the wife would allow them I would be raising them instead of Koi. FOR SURE! My ex wife was ok with them but My wife now says it's her or the snake, make up your mind. Snakes don't cook dinner, they won't get a job, they don't clean up after themselves and in most cases, aren't very good for cuddling next to. So I guess I will keep her and Koi and not snakes....;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some men are snakes also according to this song :lol:
Here's a real old one:

[ame]

Reaction score
Yes, men are typically more snakelike by the usual definition, but I was referring to his definition.

My biggest "flaw" is being a clutterbug/packrat, but at least I have a fulltime job, do more of the cooking, and don't leave the condiments out along with the food containers and I put water on my dirty dishes to make them easier to clean.

Ask a Question