First pond, stuck on waterfall

Reaction score
Can you put the underlayment and liner down on wet or muddy ground? I ended up pulling the liner out to excavate for the waterfall. It's been raining every other day here and I want to get the liner set back in place.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can you put the underlayment and liner down on wet or muddy ground? I ended up pulling the liner out to excavate for the waterfall. It's been raining every other day here and I want to get the liner set back in place.
Yes you can. Just be careful and don't slip & fall.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well I have decided to join you in the waterfall build. Well not join you build yours but I'm going to build one as well. :) If I get around to mocking up mine tonight I'll get some pictures. If you start building yours, can you snap a few for us?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make sure your waterfall liner extends well past the water flow area, curves up to catch the splash, the way water likes to wander, plant blockage, etc.

I had to re-line one since I did not make the liner wide enough, curved up enough, water finds a way to escape.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Make sure your waterfall liner extends well past the water flow area, curves up to catch the splash, the way water likes to wander, plant blockage, etc.

I had to re-line one since I did not make the liner wide enough, curved up enough, water finds a way to escape.
Excellent point!

Reaction score
Well I have decided to join you in the waterfall build. Well not join you build yours but I'm going to build one as well. :) If I get around to mocking up mine tonight I'll get some pictures. If you start building yours, can you snap a few for us?

Sure I can post some pics. I'm waiting for it to stop raining so I can work on it.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I gutted my bog and finally pulled all the foundation of it yesterday. I am going to try and mock something up today when I get home but it's just soooo dang hot here. If I do, I'll be sure to snap a few pictures as well.

Reaction score

Does the liner need to go over the berm? I'm pulling it up as high as I can.

Reaction score
Here's a finished a pic. I used too much foam by the waterfall. I hope it blends in after a while lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4692.JPG
    IMG_4692.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 192

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It will or you can cut it with a razor, cuts real easy. I tore off extra so it would have a uneven more natural look than a razor cut edge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just built mine with rocks over liner. Routed the pipe thru them out the back and back into the rocks. Then I use a small rock to divert the falls as I want

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I'm not sure about fish yet. I may put a few goldfish in next spring.
That's what I did and the 2 dozen feeder goldfish are now 200 fish, I'd recommend holding off on the fish until your really ready for the fish you want for keeps. Let the filters run a while and look up pond cycling in the forums. Goldfish are fine if that's what you want too, they are more forgiving while you learn.

Ask a Question