addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Humm I didn't know you could swap out your head with a new one from amazon! And a bigger one to boot!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I didn't swap my big head for my 3 pc. I have both. :LOL: My 3 pc started to sink like Jw's, but hubby fixed it. I'm hoping that if one doesn't scare the Heron's away, the other will. Really hoping that I never see the darn birds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, I'm sitting here LMAO!!! PL is buying big heads, and Addy wonders about swapping out a head for a bigger one! And then PL chimes in her hubby fixed her sinking head and of course we are all (or at least some of us) wondering how he fixed that head with a hole in it! Did he use the same technique as JW I want to know??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You ladies are killing me here. LOl

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
JW I squeezed an squeezed them and got some out. Then he took the plugs out of them and reseated them with silicone. So far it's working.
CE - you are too funny!!! Lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
OH so they are different then the 3 piece ones that are hard and not able to be squeezed. That's good to know.............no sucking!

The big headed one is hard tho right?

This is really starting to get weird sounding again .............think I'll quit while I'm ahead.........oh geez :rolleyes:

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Ok I'm sitting at my desk cracking up. Lol.
JW my 3 pc is hard also. They have some plug on the bottom that wasn't sealed well. Now my big head is more like a shell, maybe some kind of foam board with beady red eyes and he doesn't have any area that would collect water.
So far all heads are staying on top of the water and not sinking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh ok then that is the difference as mine does not have a plug. It had a whole bunch of tiny, tiny holes where it never sealed and it was a pain as every time I thought I had it fixed I would find another hole and have to repeat that whole horrible process all over again! It's in the pond but notice it is kind of leaning to one side now but still floating so I won't bother w/ it again unless it sinks. They did send me another one and it had a different problem.............it floated totally lopsided so they sent me my money back. They didn't want the bad ones back so have another one that could be fixed if I glue something heavy on one side or something more buoyant on the other side. It sits on the floor of my computer room looking at me now waiting.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wine bottle cork jw, worked well. I complained too, they ignored me, they must like you better ................My one floated totally tipped to one side. The three piece one. The heads have given me no issues.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How did you attach the wine bottle cork addy?

My favorite pond goop, the pl roofing stuff. I taped the cork on first to find the best spot to attach it to make the gator float correctly. The gooped it, let it dry so far so good

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
JW if mine sinks lower I was planning on glueing styrofoam board or cork board to the bottom and cutting to shape. I hope I don't need to. Like Addy's I don't see any chance the big head can sink.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks addy I will give it a try when I get around to it.
PL I suppose either one of those, stryo or cork would work.

Ask a Question