First time pond build questions

Reaction score
I also wonder if 4ft is deep enough, a guy in phoenix said his water temp was 85°the in the summer with a depth pf 4 ft., where I am it is about 15° cooler

Reaction score
i like what i see...relax and enjoy the process.
This is actually great advice..............if I don't fully understand something, I beat a dead horse until I'm completely confident in the matter ,deep breath...........I'm sure its gonna turn out fine

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
deeper is usually better all the way around...this doesnt mean its necessary... most typical pond fish can handle 85* with little difficulty...simply shading a portion of the pond can help control climbing temps.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also wonder if 4ft is deep enough, a guy in phoenix said his water temp was 85°the in the summer with a depth pf 4 ft., where I am it is about 15° cooler

I had my arizona pond 5 feet deep, it stayed around 85 all summer. That sun can be intense.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Your hole looks great! I have to laugh, because mine (and everyone else's I'm sure) was "sculpted" like yours. I can't imagine using heavy equipment to dig a koi/goldfish pond, unless it does the bulk of the work, and then you sculpt the sides. Yours is a work of art! And, since looks like you are keeping all the dirt on the perimeter, bet there will be some really nice berms on the edges for plants. Keep up the good work, and keep posting pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oops!!! Thanks for the correction, T'mann. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I was going to edit it and correct it, but then everyone would wonder what you were talking about, so I left it. teehee

Ask a Question