addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was raining at the rate of 5 inches an hour the fish went crazy and lots of floaties started lol.

I fed them this am, fun to watch the feeding frenzy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep, started with 4 at the beginning of summer, they survived last winter. Now these fish need to do some population control!

Got some real pretty shubies, goldies. The dark ones are getting great colors.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, pretty cool! I like that! I was starting to doubt my thought on the long-finned white fish with the red spots and red eye. The more I looked the more I thought it could be a butterfly koi?? Then on the second video i was just thinking maybe I should post that it could possibly be and he comes right up to the camera for a close up view! LOL no guessing now! It's a comet, with VERY long fins! You did end up with some very nice fish, adopties and babies! Cool video cam!
:goldfish: :razz: :goldfish:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, I love watching them. We have the feed going into a tv right above the "real" tv.
It alerts to a full screen when something shows up like bad boy heron. That is usually how I know it is out there. Then I start tracking it with the camera, can't go to the windows it sees you and flies.

Yep that is a long fin comet, a boy, it was nibbling on my fingers while I was grooming the lilies and I was able to see the rough gill plates.

I still need to make something to hold the camera, it is wire tied to a piece of pvc and right next to the pond wall. The plant roots and some algae are always floating over the lens. With this learning curve I think I will try to get it away from the pond wall. There is a big piece of root over the lens right now..........and a fish just smacked it so now it is pointing up lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I never tire of watching those fish in your pond addy! They really are pretty and so active. Do you have any offspring from the fat fantail yet that you know of and I wonder if you ever do if they will have the fantail?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never tire of watching those fish in your pond addy! They really are pretty and so active. Do you have any offspring from the fat fantail yet that you know of and I wonder if you ever do if they will have the fantail?

No clue jw, it is a fish from last year. I did see some bumping going on off and on this year and just today. but no clue if it is a girl or boy. I have not noticed any fish with fantails, but they do move fast.

How many cutie fishies have you in the pond? I've attempted to count them & given up! What's the magic number, 50ish?

I would guess more in the 100 range. I have around 11k of water counting the stream and other ponds, so the numbers are still ok. A lot of fry made it due to a very very low fish load at the beginning of the year. Next year, it will be a lot lower survival rate.

Reaction score
Great videos, Addy.... When watching your videos they play straight threw......others keep buffering every few seconds. Do you know why?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not really baeya, I convert mine via a proggie that takes them from a hd avi file to one that u tube can use. That may be why. It takes over an hour to covert a short recording from the dvr, then it needs to be uploaded to u tube. So maybe by the time all that is done u tube is happier with the video.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice Video, what camera do you use for the underwater filming?

It is a lorex underwater camera, I have it hooked to our security systems dvr. They are discontinued, but you can find them on line still.

Hmmmmm........ok :) I wonder if I can take a video with my blackberry and upload it somehow. Gonna have to play....

You should be able to, my honey has a blackberry we can hook it to the pc and download pictures etc.

Ask a Question