fish stolen!

Reaction score
Someone stole my best koi during the night! (or my favourite one anyway. caught them on cctv, but no idea who it was. they netted it out of my friends pond, who is keeping my fish at the moment.)

had that ghost koi for many years. was always active and friendly, and survived through many hardships.

Reaction score
That's terrible. Does the video give a clear pic of the person? For the price of large koi you would make a police report and show them the video. Your neighbor does not know who it is either?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I would file a police report and if you have any way of getting it out on the internet along with a pic of your koi, they may try to sell it? Contact any pond places in the area and ask that they keep their eyes and ears opn. Good luck and so sorry to hear.

Reaction score
no, the person was wearing all black + a hoodie was covering the face, so it could have been anyone. i've got a pick of the fish somewhere, sec.

Reaction score
Still contact the police and every fish dealer in the state is possible as Mary suggested. I don't know what blackmarket fish are going for. If you have a local Koi club you could contact them and they may keep a look out for anyone trying to sell it.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would file a police report and show them the video. You can definitely say it was valuable. There isn't any way they can't say it isn't and you can make it a felony charge. (value it over $100)My bets, If they came and got just that one they knew what they were after, which means they have probably been there before.

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
I would file a police report and show them the video. You can definitely say it was valuable. There isn't any way they can't say it isn't and you can make it a felony charge. (value it over $100)My bets, If they came and got just that one they knew what they were after, which means they have probably been there before.

good point, they obviously targetted this one. im not happy! not so much the loss of money, just want my fish to be ok! dont know what conditions it could be going through, and i bet it was really stressed! if it does get sold to someone and i cant get it back, i sure hope it atleast gets a lovely pond and good care.

Reaction score
it was a longfinned butterfly asagi koi, never seen one with the colour on this. still trying to find the picture

Reaction score
whoever wanted it must have really wanted it, cause it has a 6ft metal fence round it and netting over the top to stop herons getting in

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
It's not the money, but make the value as high as you can, The higher the value the more the police can use to prosecute. I can bet they knew exactly what to do to get around the fence and covers quick. You know they have been there before, Whoever it is has seen that fish before and knew what they wanted and already had a plan of how to get it and get out quick. With all the covers and alarms around my pond they would have been lucky if they got out of the yard with no bullets in there @$$ if they would have hit me! I don't blame you for being upset, I am and I have never seen the fish. It's the point, they stole something that belongs to you. I would have that video playing when ever someone came and vistited and watch facial experssions, I would have it all over the news and internet. That's sorry and I can tell you, if it was me I would be pushing every button I knew to push to have them in jail.

Reaction score
from the pond to the top of the netting,its about 10 foot! they must have had to climb in the pond... had to... and theres plenty of hiding spaces in the pond, so it must have been hard to net. (i just hope whoever done it didnt fish for it, dont want my fish to have been yanked up with a hook!)

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It sounds like it was someone that knew your friend or had been there before and planned this. For someone to reach over a fence and scoop a fish up from up to 10' away would be a challenge especially if this was a night and if the pond was not lit, would have to know what they were going for. Your friend is not in need of money are they?

Ask a Question