Fish white cysts help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering please if anyone knows what to do about Glugea anomala I got some water and bugs from another pond that I created my pond with to try and fix my pond as was brown but The water had some sticklebacks which have made more sticklebacks and I just saw one floating and have google online and it looks like Glugea anomala and most of the fish that I caught have it and was just wondering what I should do my pond is a wildlife pond and is home to may frog , newts and toads and I’m unsure if they can become infested by it thankyou please help

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! It might be easier to read (and understand) your post if you used appropriate punctuation, etc.— not trying to be rude, but just an observation.

IDK, have never heard of this, but curious as to how you decided this was the problem. Can you give us more information, other than “found a fish floating”?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1631034370598.gif
and welcome @Katyfrog
I don't know what that disease is but sorry about your fish. Can you provide photo's of the sick fish?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Katyfrog! Here is some information about Glugea anomala: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/9491425
Some pet companies sell medicine for Glugea anomala.
Let me just take a minute to sort out your question. Please verify if this is correct:
You obtained water from another pond in order to start a wildlife pond.
In the pond water you obtained were some stickleback fish who were then accidentally introduced into your pond.
Later you observed Glugea anomala on the stickleback fish.

Is your intention to have a pond with or without fish? How many gallons is your pond?
I would catch and treat the fish in hospital container. If they recover, then reintroduce them into your pond. Please don't re-release them into the wild even if they recover. They will infect the native fishes. If you don't want the fish, please call your wildlife management department and seek their assistance. Those guys get paid to solve this sort of issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Katyfrog! Here is some information about Glugea anomala: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/9491425
Let me just take a minute to sort out your question. Please verify if this is correct:
In the pond water you obtained were some stickleback fish who were then accidentally introduced into your pond.

Is your intention to have a pond with or without fish? How many gallons is your pond?
I would catch and treat the fish in hospital container. If they recover, then reintroduce them into your pond. Please don't re-release them into the wild even if they recover. They will infect the native fishes. If you don't want the fish, please call your wildlife management department and seek their assistance. Those guys get paid to solve this sort of issue.
Thankyou very much

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Thankyou

Ask a Question