Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am running 2" pvc from my 2" PVC wye to the filter. The filter only has a 1 1/2" connection. Is it better to place the reducing fitting on the wye side or right before the filter?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i have no idea what your trying to do but i can offer it matters not where a 1 1/2" fitting is located the entire line will only be able to push the 1 1/2 max

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have Laguna filters and I'm using iltraflex pvc tubing. To connect the tubing to the filter I'm using a female threaded click fit on the filter and male end on the tubing. I was debating a similar approach at my wye adapter vs reg slip. I wasn't sure if I the fitting right before the pump would cause less flow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1583338767599.gif
@cmotaval
Not sure on this one but maybe just try it both ways and see if you can tell the difference.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Like GBBUDD said it doesn’t matter where the 1 1/2 fitting is, it will restrict the flow just the same compared to the 2”.

Ask a Question