Fixed my leak and now pond almost overflowed! HELP!

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
sissy said:
the blue stuff is furnace filter I use to catch the bigger stuff
I went to Walmart last night and found It right away in the craft section. Picked up a queen size for 12$! I placed it directly under my waterfall and this morning there's a huge improvement In water quality. I can see the rocks at the bottom. WOW! What would I do without you guys & gals :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Pete I think if you have a natural looking pond (Like Yours) with rock and dirt on top of the liner the rain will wash some in to pond, I don't know near as much as most of the people on this forum do, but that was the first thing I thought of when I built my pond, so I lined the outside of my pond with masonry bricks and then folded the liner over it and then laid my Granite slabs above that at a slight downward angle to the ground around the pond so run off could not get in and what ever landed on the large slabs washed off on the land around around the pond, but then again, your pond looks wayyyyy better then mine! :)

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense and thanks for the positive feedback on my natural habitat lol. I feel like I live in a jungle sometimes. I think that also has to do with all the rain weve had here in the northeast this year. Over 12 inches in June. lol
So are those LED strips in your falls and smokein your pond!!!!!!!!!! I think we need to discuss further! HAHA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yes, lol we had 10'' where I live last week! My Pond water level was the height of the rain water around it and met! It was 4'' above the ground and was worried that my liner would float up or the fish would swim over into the unknown, but neither happened lol.
Yes I have 2 waterproof LED strips with 24 LED's each on the falls in the fountain, then I have 6 Submersible LED spot lights inside the pond with no Reflective coating so they point in one direction but emit light all around as well. The Strips are $5 each on E-bay and that includes the 12v power supply and shipping and the 6 piece spot light set were only $45 free shipping as well. The "Pond Mister" I also got from E-bay for $8 free shipping and creates a lite mist on the surface of the back of the pond for a mystic look. The second pic in my signature was last week after all the rain stopped and still crystal clear with a little brownish tint :banana:

Ask a Question