Flex Seal

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Barb. I'm not sure if it is for rubber. Typically we burn down rubber strips or flashings when fixing rubber roofs but that is something for an experience d roofer to do. I just really hate roofing cement on rubber as it wrecks it.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Have you seen the TV commercial where a man cuts a metal rowboat in half, then uses Flex Seal tape to join it together again, then use in the lake? Well it works! I had to join two pieces of pondliner together, used Flex Seal tape, and it works just great. And works underwater too, but mine is out of the pond. Works way better and faster and cheaper than standard EPDM pond liner tape. And the Flex Shot clear adhesive works perfectly on the leak where the hose goes into my filter box. All stores carry this product now. Do you think they will give me product endorsement pay now??? Great product!
Agree with
Have you seen the TV commercial where a man cuts a metal rowboat in half, then uses Flex Seal tape to join it together again, then use in the lake? Well it works! I had to join two pieces of pondliner together, used Flex Seal tape, and it works just great. And works underwater too, but mine is out of the pond. Works way better and faster and cheaper than standard EPDM pond liner tape. And the Flex Shot clear adhesive works perfectly on the leak where the hose goes into my filter box. All stores carry this product now. Do you think they will give me product endorsement pay now??? Great product!
Agree with Meyer! Time! Hopefully UV or peeling isn't a problem. Rather go the difficult way if I know it's the right way, not that this isn't!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I will certainly report back here after some time goes by and I see how the Flex S eal works. I have the tape and also the sealant on the epdm, out of water. And covered with rocks. I will be prepared to use something else later on if necessary.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Still holding great, the tape and the glue. Both have been through multiple freezes and thaws. Both are out of the water though, and receive no sun. I am still liking it.
Barb

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Still holding great, the tape and the glue. Both have been through multiple freezes and thaws. Both are out of the water though, and receive no sun. I am still liking it.
Barb
I recall your original posts. How long is it now? and does it remain flexible? Sounds good!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have used flex seal on the connection between the waterfall and the liner for about 3 years. No issues. I've also recently used flex seal on a pond inside the house with no fish. It sealed at least 3 leaks even through tile. I'm a believer.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just tried the Flex Seal spray on a stock tank with multiple leaks. 3 applications over 3 days. Still leaking! I will say it was applied over PL Roofing cement on 2 of the leaks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
just checking again that this product is safe for fish.
I'm going to try to repair the crack on my canister filter
FlexSeal inside and waterproof gorilla tape on the outside.
It's for Laguna pressure filter, but it really not much pressure on the tanks that I can tell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I used the flex seal 4” wide tape to cover a tear in the liner under my trailer. I put it on last year so this year when I got the trailer ready for this years journeys, I crawled around under the trailer to paint any rust spots I could find. The flex tape was still working put had shrunk to about 3” wide. It was still covering the tear so it was OK but I will need to keep an eye on it. Must be heat that shrinks it since there was no sunlight under the trailer. I don’t think. I would use it anywhere near the pond.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Webb's just gave me a deal I can't refuse for a replacement canister.
Their list is $72, found a cheaper for $51 and they honored their 130% guaranty. $44 shipped
though still will try the spray for the other one which has some pin leaks but not cracks

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It has been in place almost 2 years now, and no problems that I can see or know about. It is holding 2 pieces of EPDM together very well. Only occasionally exposed to pond water, when it is very high due to lots of rain. My goldfish have no reaction.
Barb

Ask a Question