sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had so much left over from roofer mistake .I had ice and water shield put under roofing and had the felt left .I think it helped the moles from getting to the liner but it could have been the milky spore .I did notice that when I took up the liner to replace it that the undelayment had stress pulls to it .Like thin in some areas and pulled it aside to look at roofing paper and it was in great shape .No degrading of it at all .I put 2 layers on the bottom and it was fine also .Funny thing is where the dogs claws ripped the liner it damaged the underlayment but not the double layer of roofing felt .Guess his claws may not have been long enough to damage it .I think that may have been why pond did not leak really badly .The slice in the liner was about 4 inch's long in 2 spots .I could see slight scratches in the underliner that seemed to be even thinner .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
..how did using the roofing felt work out? I
I just finished a rebuild on a pond that was 4 years old. I had used the roofers felt for an underlayment the first time . I was shocked to see it was mostly disintegrated when I pulled out the old liner. For the rebuild I used a 6 oz underlayment .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I just finished a rebuild on a pond that was 4 years old. I had used the roofers felt for an underlayment the first time . I was shocked to see it was mostly disintegrated when I pulled out the old liner. For the rebuild I used a 6 oz underlayment .

Until convinced otherwise, I would rely on the widely-accepted proven product. Saving money up-front often results in spending much more down the road.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My felt on the bottom was the 30 lb roofing stuff and on the sides was the 15lb roofing felt and then I put the underlayment on top .I am hoping with the milky spore and the roofing felt that it would help keep the moles away .When I rebuilt I looked at the roofing felt and it was fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody ever used pool underlay? It basical has weed killer in it to prevent growth under a liner, putting a bag liner in a pool would be stretched into place by the weight of the water, try and keep it weighted down at the edges then any floor creases could be pushed to the edges by getting on hands and knees and working them out, other option have a liner heat welded to shape

Ask a Question