Found a tiny baby koi in my koi fish pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If a fish manages to make it to the point that you can see it, you can leave it in the pond. It’s learned how to survive on its own up to thks point - it will be fine going forward.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Thanks ☺️
You’re right! I found another tinier one but couldn’t catch it to put it in the typha pot with the one I found earlier. I crushed a small palette and threw it in the pot, hopefully the little one feeds on it. I have 11 koi fish about 6” tall in my pond. Do you think it’s too much for the size of my pond? btw, do you have any idea how to get rid of mosquitoes around the pond? I can’t sit near the pond without being bitten by them.
Thanks
I was a breeder for years. What I learned was, once they start to develop colors, the bigger ones leave them alone.

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
If a fish manages to make it to the point that you can see it, you can leave it in the pond. It’s learned how to survive on its own up to thks point - it will be fine going forward.
Yes you’re right! I discovered around five and they’re growing nicely so I’m not worried about them anymore. Thank you all for the valuable advice

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Yes you’re right! They’re growing nicely so I’m not worried about them anymore. Thank you all for the valuable advice

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 11

Ask a Question