fry

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
somthing rather strange this years fry are all still there brownish colour apart from two one is quite big about inch and half but hes dark brown with orange what looks a bit like blotches , then theres a realy tiny one less than an inch hes all orange all the rest are still brown ...they are deffintly from this years spawn so does anyone know how they are so different ?
ps there all goldfish

Reaction score
I have a bunch of last years fry (goldfish) that have just started changing color within the last month or so. They started out a dull brown and are now anywhere from solid orange to orange and black to solid shiny black.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the largest ones are your tobies, and are often the last to change colors, some may not. i'm told this is because they are the closest to their relatives (decendants).. regular common carp. they are the hardiest, and cleanest of bloodlines. the more color(s) and variations the more mutated the gene pool. the smaller ones that change color later are supposedly suppost to have some of the best coloration. now this is how it was explained to me by someone in "the know". cant verify it but seems logical.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
thats ok then ...cause there real cute and ive given them names harold and shrimp (cause hes so small) i only hope the babies survive the winter as most are still pretty small !

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Take out the batteries and memory stick. Open it as much as you can then set it out in the sun or in an oven for no more than 130 degrees F. I know you use degrees C so please convert. If it has an LCD, DO NOT EXCEED THIS TEMPERATURE.
I dropped a cell phone into 3' of water and this is how I got it working.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
aww yes leeann :biggrin:

i will try that drdave i did leave it sitting out in the sun for a day or two ... think its time for a new camera anyway that one was rather dated

Ask a Question