Fungus Fish?

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
I have a koi fish with fungus on its fin.

Recently I going around a million tadpoles in my pond and a frog for Bonus.is it save for the fish or is bad??

Thank you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The tadpoles and frogs won't harm your fish if that's your question. Do you need help curing the fungus on your koi?

Post some pictures of your pond and tell us more about your set up - do you have filtration? How big is the pond in gallons? How many fish total?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yep pics and information would help,
but the main thing is, what are your water parameters?

Reaction score
Country
I haven't check my pond in gallons, but I was filling it up with buckets and one B= 22 LI,and it was around 150-170 Buckets. is very big pond,about a meter and a half deep,ya,and I don't have much picture about it because the fishalways stay on the bottom,and when I bought it the fish was fine,and recently I saw some white lines,and white spots on the fish's tail .so I started checking and my friend told me that is fungus but he said he sdosnt know what to do with it.so yes,i am wondering.i have four fish in total.6 died...

Reaction score
Country
yes I do have filter,and it can filter around 15000 liters....yes ,I just remenberd how much water my pond is from the filter. yes.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So what are the parameters though?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I saw some white lines,and white spots on the fish's tail .so I started checking and my friend told me that is fungus but he said he sdosnt know what to do with it.so yes,i am wondering.i have four fish in total.6 died...

This sounds like Ich or possibly anchor worm. Need photos.

Reaction score
Country
All right,I will try to take a pic asap please give me some time though.
The size..I really don't know.i will also try measuring it.
Thank you all.

Reaction score
Country
All right.my problem is just that they are imposible to catch.sorry for the delay.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Bardebarde It can be very hard to catch them. Could you drain some water to make the pond more shallow? That might help. The last thing you want to do is stress the fish by chasing it all over. From another post, I think I got that your pond is about 3000 US gallons.

Please tell us what kind of filter you have.....or describe it to us.....or take pictures.

Also, can you take some pictures of your pond and post them on here?

Please get a water test kit and check for ammonia level, nitrite, nitrate, and pH. Then report those results back to us -- use the numbers that correspond to the results, because if you tell us that the results are "normal," or "OK," that doesn't give us any information.

How long have you had this fish [and is this one of the ones you are wanting to breed?] and how long has your pond been set up with the filter and the fish in it?

Ask a Question