Garden Pond Talk

Reaction score
A friend of mine was offered a pool liner that she wants to use for her pond. She says it hasn't been treated, but I was under the impression that all pool liners were treated.

What is the most inexpensive way of building a lasting pond?

Reaction score
I'm going to ask the same thing -- treated with what?

I actually built my pond using the liner from my father's old swimming pool. It held thousands and thousands of gallons of water for years, so I'm sure it could hold my much smaller amount of water for a while. :)

Dreartist

DrePond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Trying to get rid of anchor worms, thought I was successful last fall doing surgery and draining pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen a lot of ponds done around here with pool liners .I guess because they give up on pool after kids grow up or they just don't want the trouble with them ,not sure .There are 3 ponds in my area here with pool liners and some have been in for awhile .Marty's a farmer here and he has had his pond in for 15 years and it is a pool liner .It may be that they made pool liners thicker or he had an expensive pool not sure .he has all goldfish and I have only been down here a little over 6 years and came by meeting him when I played gc building my house not far from his farm .

Dreartist

DrePond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Not too good on figuring out how to get to posts regarding my query. Thread, quote, my in box has nothing but folks have comments. I work on computers so is there a quick how to use this site area. Want to thank people and say hi

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dreartist said:
Not too good on figuring out how to get to posts regarding my query. Thread, quote, my in box has nothing but folks have comments. I work on computers so is there a quick how to use this site area. Want to thank people and say hi

You can do a search, and look for post by your user name. You can set up the preference to get an email for any reply to your post in the user cp.

Your in box is for private messages that someone might send you.

Thanks is done by the little thank button.

Ask a Question