Gazillions of fish

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I added a 30 gal mini-pond in my back yard about 2 months ago. I decided to buy 6 teeny weeney white cloud fish due to their size and the small size of my pond.

After a few weeks, I started seeing itsy bitsy swimming things in the pond. Hmm - tadpoles or fish? Well, it didn't take long to see they were baby fish. While my water is clear, I have a ton of plants so its hard to see just how many fish I have now which appears to include 3 sizes - new babies, half grown babies and full grown fish.

I am so worried this population explosion is going to be deadly for all the fish. Does anyone have any suggestions?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Assuming you are feeding the fish regularly? Many fish will self regulate their population to some extent in the absence of other food by eating fry/eggs. The only other option would be to remove them or give them away.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A healthy 30 galloon which it sounds like yours maybe. Can support about 30 white clouds but i wouldn't go much higher than that.

Ask a Question