addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mrsclem I did check all the reviews read until I was crossed eyed, also the "independent reviewers" consumers reports etc Everything has good and bad reviews, I think we just got a messed up one. That is what is so darn frustrating we didn't just buy it on a whim. I also went to 4 good appliance stores and asked for input on what would be the best stove to get, all said the ge induction, new technology, works great, low repairs................go figure

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sometimes there are just lemons out there! Like someone posted, stuff built on Fridays and Mondays! Darn sham with all you put into your kitchen.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This too will pass and we will call this the summer without a stove...................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
I bought a GE slide-in range after I did the kitchen remodel. I have been using it for 6 months and so far so good, just hpe it works for a really long time for what I paid for it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hope so to snoozer. This has been a real pita. No excuse for all the no show appointments, my worry is they are going to fix it again and it will break again!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Consumer affairs contacted lg and also told them 3 repairs and can't fix right means the lemon law comes in to effect and they had to replace with the same one or another brand of my choosing i contacted consumer affairs online and they had me e-mail them all the receipts for the repairs

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks sissy, unfortunately we are on our second repair that has taken over 2.5 months.

I really hope when they fix it thursday it just works, I am so tired of dealing with it. No receipts so far, as it is under the one year warranty. Do have a good record of every no show and every problem.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well the tech came, we were the first appointment, yippee! He replace the total component under the glass top (second time) , the key pad control, first time, and two other boards. At this moment it is working.

I sent this to the eresponse team fro ge

The tech arrived first thing this am, he replaced the components under the glass top, the key pad, and two other boards.
At this moment in time it is working.
We have been without a stove a total of 66 (sixty six) days.
We used the stove 77 days from the time we first plugged it in.
Ten days working longer than it has been broken.

We did receive a letter of commitment, which offers a replacement if it breaks again before the one year warranty is up, January.
That letter of commitment should be dated for one year from today. At this point we have a refurbished rebuilt stove we paid brand new stove pricing for. I want to have the commitment that for one year I can not worry about it breaking again. Please inform me as to what you can do to help.

Wait and see what happens now

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The end of the story!
I, via the gardenweb forum that michey1st sent me to, found contacts for ge, a gal posted in my thread a link to the pr managers email. She is also the one that gave me their twitter account.

I sent the message to the eresponse team and also sent a email to the pr manager, stating exactly what we had been though, dates times cancels, waiting, etc.

I received a phone call from the GE Chairman's office. The lady was on her way to a meeting when I called her back so our conversation was short. She apologized for all we were put though, it was not acceptable and she then stated I have arranged to send you a BRAND NEW STOVE next week, we should have it by the end of the week.
The one year warranty begins on the day they install it.

Doing the happy dance! Social media works! Drag me kicking and screaming into twitter and tweeting, that will most likely be my one and only tweets!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You are one persistent lady and it definitely paid off! Good for you! And good for GE... although it took them long enough, the story does have a happy ending!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So am I I sure don't trust this stove to keep working. Now hoping this one was made on a good day!

Ask a Question