Gemma's babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
More plants!!!!
There are more plants than it looks like. I have 6 Canna along the back wall alone but they are very small, same with my Taros.
I thought I'd wait to see in a couple of weeks I might add more

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yours is too pretty and organized! Great job!
Thanks!...don't forget that you are one of the people that helped A LOT!!
Feeling hug.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What @mrsclem said..., looks great, a trick to hide your spillway from the bog ( if you wanted to hide it) is get some non woven cloth to put over the rubber liner and scatter some rocks on top of it to hold it in place then add moss to the edges and upon the rocks and let it s spread hiding the liner, or just plant some forgetmenots or something right at the spill way and let it grow down it and cover it all. Either way it come out nice even like it is.
Thanks @Jhn , I don't mind the bottom of the spill as is, cause I like the waterflow and it seems like even adding a simple stone slows it down or diverts the water to where it doesn't flow evenly (hope I explained good enough) but I really like the moss idea for the sides of the spill, I will definitely try that, thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
lol and then you will be reminding yourself to go out and purge plants before they divert water flow. I have already done two huge yanks of plants from the bog.
What??? Plants can do that?
smscared2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh @Gemma , it's beautiful and very well built ! I'm tickled my baby bog encouraged you :) I didn't know about aqua blocks when we built our, so it's a simple design.

Our bog had a good bit of algae this Spring, but it's clearing up and the plants have really filled in. I'm going with easy plants that spread, so have forget me nots, creeping Jenny, bog bean, water willow, water cress and pickerel weed. I've recently started some mini cat tails and Japanese Iris and hoping they take root.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep, could,t even see my bog framework or gravel last week. Pulled all lizards tail, bunch of iris and more water celery. I found gravel!
The only perennials I have in there are purple iris in a corner, and creeping jenny (not sure if I want to keep that one). The Iris is a cutting from my other pond, I've had this plant since we built our first pond, I divide it once every few years and it stays put. All the rest of the plants are annuals in my zone, so I'm hoping they'll grow well without needing too much maintenance

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh @Gemma , it's beautiful and very well built ! I'm tickled my baby bog encouraged you :) I didn't know about aqua blocks when we built our, so it's a simple design.

Our bog had a good bit of algae this Spring, but it's clearing up and the plants have really filled in. I'm going with easy plants that spread, so have forget me nots, creeping Jenny, bog bean, water willow, water cress and pickerel weed. I've recently started some mini cat tails and Japanese Iris and hoping they take root.
Thank you!...and yes you have been an inspiration to me in more than one occasion. I would have 100 koi if it wasn't for you, and your determination to be content with what you've got for the sake of your fish.
Feelingwink3.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All the rest of the plants are annuals in my zone, so I'm hoping they'll grow well without needing too much maintenance
And I love non annuals, I want everything to come back with no work on my part ie replanting the bog. I am a "wild" gardener, you grow you get to live here. Love all the yellow flowers and the look of creeping jenny. It does not do well in the bog to much competition from big plants. But the stream, the yard, the little ponds it does great.

Ask a Question