Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma submitted a new Showcase Item:

Gemma's pond

The shallow upper section is roughly 3" x 10" x 1" deep, it holds plants not fish, and it spills onto the main pond that's 8" x 14"x 4.3 " deep
I was told this pond holds over 3000 gallons, but I don't know how to do the math to verify.
I have a 4,350GPH pump in the skimmer along with a filter pad, and Media and pads in both Falls, no bottom drain!
The falls look a bit lopsided cause we purposely slowed down one of them, for the birds, we'll figure something out to even them out a bit

Read more about this showcase item here...

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love your pond! Did you mean feet instead of inches in the overview description of your pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It was redone for the third time last year (we did the first two, then hire a contractor for the last renovation). it didn't really change much in look, it just got larger!
The waterfall used to be in the right corner, facing the skimmer, I wish the contractor had left it there, cause the way he built it, wasn't working! The water wasn't circulating as well as it did before, going from the fall spill in the middle of the pond, straight to the skimmer and back into the waterfall ....so we remodel the step down from the upper section, opening an additional spill on the left corner, forcing some of the water from the waterfall to move through the plants before spilling onto the main pond.
To circulate the water on the right side of the waterfalls, we put the return hose from the UV light and we added a couple of air-stones..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Love your pond! Did you mean feet instead of inches in the overview description of your pond?
oops, thank you for catching that!
smlaughing4.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can’t believe a contractor would put the falls and skimmer so close together. I’d ask him to do it again, the correct way if I were you.

But the itself pond is pretty! Glad you did a showcase! I am going to add some pictures to mine one of these days..l thanks for the inspiration!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can’t believe a contractor would put the falls and skimmer so close together. I’d ask him to do it again, the correct way if I were you.
Not the only dumb thing he did either, that's why we're doing the new pond on our own!
As much as I love Eco-ponds, we will be building another Hybrid, it just works out better for us, and our busy lifestyle !
And thank you!
I decided to post about my pond, cause I needed something to post about! lol I like this Forum and I hate when it slows down!
What did you find inspiring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
What a lovely pond ! I like that it's close to your home and the beautiful plantings around it :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What a lovely pond ! I like that it's close to your home and the beautiful plantings around it :)
I winterize and save most of my plants!
People think I'm crazy cause all the work involved (lots of plant around the house and deck) I think it's worth it, I love replanting my own every Spring

Ask a Question