wiz-of-oz_scarecrow.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Would your neighbours object to you firing a shotgun into the air every once in a while? :rolleyes:
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Lou I assume they are going after food dropped on the ground by the other birds? If so then maybe make screen catch bases so the seed does not go the ground. You may have a couple here and there on the feeder but they mainly are going to the ground for a quick meal. If they are just there enjoying your yard then usually sound or movement will help them along.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I find crows go away only once they realize that there is no food around for them.
We have Great Grey owls here that eat baby crows, but that's probably not the direction you're looking for....:whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
They have a sprinkler that's called a scare crow that has a sensor on it and when something passes the sensor it shoots water work great.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guess I should be more kind hearted since they too need food and water.

Well you said it not me ;) but really I only asked because I put food out in feeders and I figure who or whatever visits is okay by me. I am not going to get all stressed out because a squirrel eats from the bird feeder. In fact, it's kinda fun watching them trying to get to the food :D

And I didn't even realize that crows will scare away other birds so see how much I know

Ask a Question