Getting rid of the pond border ring

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Have any of you ever used ground fabric pins (upside down U shaped) to secure excess liner?

Yep, they do help once you get them through the EPDM.
Since you do have the sides of your pond rocked, why not use small to medium cobbles to hide the liner. With organic mulch you always run the risk of some eventually making its way into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
My idea Big Lou would basically keep that liner pinned down but at depth digging under the liner at the side of the pondplace the liner over the stone then fold any excess under the stone the stone and liner can then be covered in mulch the great thing about this idea it would proof the edge of the pond against any large creatures that may come into your garden your and drink from your ponds edge.

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the cobble beach idea is neat, bet it would look nice.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Me too. What type and size pebbles would you recommend? Since my bigger in-pond stones are dark gray I am considering gray Mexican beach pebbles.

Btw, I may be able to slope that steep left bank since the flat stones are removed and the big in pond stones are temporarily being pulled out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
For reference. Here is where we are as of this morning. The Featherrock (trade name of these lightweight stones) were removed from the left side. It is suppose to rain again so I put scrap along the liners edge to try and keep water from flowing under the liner. Photos of the bank and removed stone attached. Like and appreciate everyone's ideas. Please keep commenting!
001.JPG

004.JPG

FRONT FLAT STONE REMOVED. THE BIGGER ONE CAN BE TAKEN OFF BUT IT IS ADHERED WITH WATERFALL SPRAY FOAM
011 (2).JPG

FEATHERROCKS
008.JPG

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 198

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lou, since the area is in the shade, maybe a couple of nice ferns, planted fairly close to the edge, but where there is soil underneath [and not the excess liner]. I've had Holly ferns [I think that's what they were] that loved the shade and grew quite large -- large enough to "reach" over and cover the rocks. Or some other plant like a Hosta -- they love shade. Basically anything that will cammo the rocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
One thing I have failed to mention. Featherrock is very easy to cut. For the pieces going back on the left side I hope to cut the stones so they can be placed from the ponds edge and extend down into the water. Hope to use more plants, etc in lieu of so many Featherrocks

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have seen some really BIG Hosta plants! I have one now, but I have no idea what it's called. I ordered it online, as I was looking for one that was more "sun-tolerant" than most Hostas. You could GOOGLE to see which ones grow big. And my Holly ferns were easily 4-5' in diameter [I lost them 2 years ago when we had our foundation repair work done].

Ask a Question