Gin Rin Chagoi Butterfly

Reaction score
So I bought a Gin Rin Chagoi Butterfly last night. I thought it was beautiful and just had to have it. Chagoi are supposed to help make your other fish a little bit more social because of their aggressive tendencies toward eating and their ease of learning to hand feed. I love butterflies and have 2 in my pond currently. I expect to receive this one on Tuesday and will let you guys know about the transaction.

Attachments

• GinRin Chagoi 1.jpg
    GinRin Chagoi 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 640
  • GinRin Chagoi 2.jpg
    GinRin Chagoi 2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 529
  • GinRin Chagoi 3.jpg
    GinRin Chagoi 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 411
  • GinRin Chagoi 4.jpg
    GinRin Chagoi 4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 323

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like he's streamlined to fly really fast. Love those butterfly's.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Your going to love that fish! There are some great details to that fish that you'll really like, The white fins are going to really pop, On that sparkle from the back the flow of the fins is going to really stand out, It has a very strong body shape and great head form and the coloration is a great pick for that type of fish and those thick double barbels are nice and long! I really like that fish, If I had to make a quess I would say it's probably a male. i have a far darker 22" Chagoi Butterfly, it is not gin rin but your right they are eager eaters, once they are at your hands feeding they want attention, they are a calming fish, you'll notice once they all settle in that everyone will re-act more to what that fish does. If he's hiding, they'll all be hiding, If he's friendly they all get friendly. Weird how it works but that one kind of fish is really a nice addition. How large is suppose to be? Looks to be between 8"-12' from the pic but no way to really tell. How large is it in comparison to the rest of the herd? If he's one of the largest in the group he'll even become more of a leader fish. I've heard that by adding a Chagoi, Kigoi (Yellow version) or Ochiba shigure koi to your pond that you'll actually reduce the risk of fish jumping out.
If you got it from online I really suggest quaranteening it. i've made the mistake and not done it and it cost me dearly. Out of curiosity if I may ask, who are you getting it from/ is it a ebay fish/ LOL looks like a NDK koi and if so you'll be a happy customer!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I'll give you a heads up, expect some light fin tearing, the breeder that he is working with has been working on their line of butterfly koi for several years, their fins are somewhat delicate. they will usually heal in a fairly short time. It's not uncommon to have a few tears from the shipping stress. But I think you'll be 100% satisfied with using them. and I'll bet that fish when you get it is closer to 8" than 6,5" I've been happy with all the fish I got from them except one and they gave me a refund on that one. It wasn't doing very well when it arrived I contacted them told them what was going on and they refunded my money, the fish did survive and did great until the heron visited. It's my avatar pic. LOL I really like that one but we got a new one from them this year that is almost the same markings just not quite as snowy white as that one was.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow very nice fish there, a great addition to your group!

Reaction score
hey i know this post was from a while ago but BEAUTIFUL! I just ordered one myself because I recently learned how friendly they are. I apologize if you had updated posts - still new to the forum and learning. I would love to hear how your Chagoi has been doing , how friendly it has been and how the other fish have acclimated to it. Thank you so much. Once again, gorgeous Chagoi you have!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
hey i know this post was from a while ago but BEAUTIFUL! I just ordered one myself because I recently learned how friendly they are. I apologize if you had updated posts - still new to the forum and learning. I would love to hear how your Chagoi has been doing , how friendly it has been and how the other fish have acclimated to it. Thank you so much. Once again, gorgeous Chagoi you have!
I responded to your other post about where I bought my chagoi.

Ask a Question