Giving Nature a Helping Hand

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
2016 thread
That tells me that someone is using the "search" function. Or reading posts to glean information, rather than posting a new thread about a topic that has been discussed before. ;)

B

Burd

I always give nature a hand, enough happens without my help. Why see something then not help?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I can't help myself, I must help a poor creature....................I even scoot a slug off the roadway once in awhile o_O

B

Burd

Here’s one, in the very early spring, this earth worm was on the patio, it got stuck there, it was freezing out. It was barely moving, it was a long way from the dirt edge, I was grilling out, had a few glasses of wine, I pick it up and take it in my heated garage and put it in a plant. I store my plants there for the winter. My daughter laughed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Saving the earth, one worm at a time @Burd
I have a thin worm stick I carry w/me to remove them off the roads and carry them to safety. I'm not crazy about touching them unless it's a real emergency, so I have the stick.
People when they see me must think, here comes that crazy lady again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Saving the earth, one worm at a time @Burd
I have a thin worm stick I carry w/me to remove them off the roads and carry them to safety. I'm not crazy about touching them unless it's a real emergency, so I have the stick.
People when they see me must think, here comes that crazy lady again View attachment 120726
I use my bare hands!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep we save worms too. Sometimes when we get heavy rains worms will crawl onto our paved driveway. We scoop them up and put them in the lawn before the sun comes out and dries them out.

B

Burd

At a summer job, this lady had this huge pool, we always dumped the skimmers every morning, you never knew what you would find. I look in the pool, this small Mouse was swimming around, my buddy wouldn’t do it so I had to, I put my hand in to get him out, he collapsed in my hand and closed his eyes. Must have been paddling for hours. I put him under a bush. He didn’t even run away. Lol

B

Burd

I have a robins nest in a bush in the front of my house, I’m putting new siding on, now my siding guy won’t do the front by the nest, lol. I guess I’ll have to wait, now it holding up the landscape too, my siding guy is like a Sasquatch, he just walks through plants, lol. So I can’t think of new plant with the Bigfoot here. I posted the baby robins, here it is again.
23B8757B-1188-4615-9AFB-083151D7F89B.jpeg

Ask a Question