Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have found an interesting log i think will really make a huge impact to the small water fall . The video is to the main waterfall. Come on spring . The water thats coming down the falls in the video i would estimate to be around 6 to 8 thousand gph

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got my hands on a few choice pieces of street stumps and logs.

the log I have some dreams with and that would be to havec
20200215_143435.jpg
Screenshot_20200215-150206_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200215-150047_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love tree stumps they just add to your pond
Thanks sissy
I have to be careful at this point I think I have added about all I can without it looking crowded.
unfortunately they didn't just jump into my truck the stump in photo 2 I had to split cut and carry out the stump in pieces. unfortunately it was a good 500 yards off the road. When I was building the pond someone said I had rocks in my head. Well now I'm as dumb as a stump splitting it and carrying it all the way out to the truck. Like my rocks around the pond I think a couple large stumps were crucial to the project.

Thanks Jw

Thanks bagmom
Stumps are the one thing I know stump dumps will give away for free the only problem is not many of them have any roots left as they just get ripped out of the ground.

What I started to say about pic three was that log has a huge knot and the plan is to have the log look like its buried in the ground part of it sticking out and water pouring out of the knot . if I can make it work it should be very cool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks sissy
I have to be careful at this point I think I have added about all I can without it looking crowded.
unfortunately they didn't just jump into my truck the stump in photo 2 I had to split cut and carry out the stump in pieces. unfortunately it was a good 500 yards off the road. When I was building the pond someone said I had rocks in my head. Well now I'm as dumb as a stump splitting it and carrying it all the way out to the truck. Like my rocks around the pond I think a couple large stumps were crucial to the project.

Thanks Jw

Thanks bagmom
Stumps are the one thing I know stump dumps will give away for free the only problem is not many of them have any roots left as they just get ripped out of the ground.

What I started to say about pic three was that log has a huge knot and the plan is to have the log look like its buried in the ground part of it sticking out and water pouring out of the knot . if I can make it work it should be very cool.

What is a Stump Dump? I feel like I need to go find one, so I can snag a free stump!!!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have one in Eden NC and it has been a real difficult time to get one before someone else gets to the good stuff .I guess landscapers get to it often .I do go up to fairy stone park and get some .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What is a Stump Dump? I feel like I need to go find one, so I can snag a free stump!!!!!
Just like a local town dump which I know are a dying breed these days . Most of your larger tree clearing contractors or the local dump will have an area set aside for stumps. They get placed into what's called a tub grinder. The dirt rocks and thick wood of the stump require this HD grinder and they stock pile stumps until they get enough to fire up the tub grinder. Be friendly to the guys and you never know what you could get with some persuasion. Just remember stumps are less than light. I literally cut with a sawsall the stumps into sections following the grain and carrying them out. Brought them back to the house and screwed them back together. A stump dump you probably will not be allowed to do much of anything but bring a trailer and have it loaded and drive away. If they are reluctant to load offer a few bucks. on page 7 of this thread there's a bunch of pics showing some of the rocks I had picked up along with them is one pic of a partial tree stump and how I cut it up. if I'd didn't tell you what it was most would never be able to guess

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The one on Eden does not have anyone there but I have been eyeing some large flat rocks someone dumped there,I am guessing this week as the weather was so bad last weekend with flooding that I did not get over there .My sister has a broken arm or we would have tried to get them yesterday .But my dear sweet brother in law is stuck in Utah with his truck .He had a big delivery there for the company he drives for and is now stuck in a hotel because of weather conditions being so bad .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. some of the boulders I got were in a farmer's garden in a pile these were 3 to 4 foot boulders he was beyond grateful that I took his boulders away.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Be careful taking anything from a park of any kind. That could become a really bad day for you. Just saying

Ask a Question