Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Trust me. It is about all that's keeping me here right now and I have not even finished it as you can see but that's only a days work to hide the rest of the liner. But I still have some mafia blocks to hide. I am leaning toward working with mother nature and just drape some fabric over the mafia blocks and set a sprinkler to water it with some moss culture rubbed on it and let it grow. I have seen some enormous boulders covered in moss under trees and this is under a giant maple could be beyond interesting if it works and little labor or maintenance needed. Unless I find the perfect lot or home im not going to just pickup without the perfect trade to build the next pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Always good to come home . The pond was built so I'd always want to stay home. And let the stress disapate watching the fish tge waterfalls the frogs the dragon flies the bubbles and the baby fish that swim by. To find a new flower or a butterfly. See how much tge plants hav we grown and the moss has expanded. Spent the day trying to finish the disappearing stream part of the job as it falls into the cistern. I'll post a picture tomorrow I should be done then if I didn't break my hand. View attachment 134041

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The cistern /hells gate. Negative edge /sh_ts creek finally have been dressed up plus a short walk down of the pond spring 2021.

20210411_144849.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TRYING TO fix that now. @j.w but I'm too can't sit still kinda guy I'm always tinkering. But the pond is definately helping with that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
TRYING TO fix that now. @j.w but I'm too can't sit still kinda guy I'm always tinkering. But the pond is definately helping with that.
I got an idea for you because I'm the same way; just can't feel good unless I'm fixing/tinkering with something, including the pond. Take more time and do that lil videography thing we talked about. Get yourself the Dory or so something with your gopro and THAT will constitute tinkering while still allowing you to just enjoy the pond more. I've gotten almost obsessed now with improving the video view from the submerged cam and the lil rc gatorcam makes me try and find better/different perspectives in which to see the pond. With all you have there, I bet that should keep you occupied for a while!

Annndddd, dare I mention 'drone' to you? Another whole concept that would deepen the idea above! I'm still mastering the one I got last year--a bit harder to get what I want when I have 4 walls surrounding and little experience flying it yet! But, I'll get there!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don't Tell @GBBUDD on restriction from buying more koi....................pond is ummmmmmmmmmm getting full! or is full!
tsk, tsk, tsk @addy1 ; so little faith in me, I see! :cool: I was actually just curious as the pond places around here aren't much to speak of, hence getting most online. But fish that large aren't something I see very oftten so just wondered at what type of outlet, etc. Gemma got some from a plant nursery, so was thinking GB might also have gotten his from like place.

Sheesh! I imagine I have like two lil addys now perched on each shoulder; one saying NOOOOOO!! and the other one covering her eyes with her hands. :giggle:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
roflmao....................yepp! But is a pretty and nice size and you would love to see it in your pond!

Sheesh! I imagine I have like two lil addys now perched on each shoulder; one saying NOOOOOO!! and the other one covering her eyes with her hands.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't Tell @GBBUDD on restriction from buying more koi....................pond is ummmmmmmmmmm getting full! or is full!
It is as far as the pond it's self but don't forget I have an extra 3000 gallons in the cistern probably another 1500 in the bog id say safely the stream is probably 500 and the upper pond is probably another 1000 gallons . I should be fine per gallon wise. Time will tell . Not to mention I do supplement o2 to the pond by injecting in the bog.

Ask a Question