Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It is as far as the pond it's self but don't forget I have an extra 3000 gallons in the cistern probably another 1500 in the bog id say safely the stream is probably 500 and the upper pond is probably another 1000 gallons . I should be fine per gallon wise. Time will tell . Not to mention I do supplement o2 to the pond by injecting in the bog.
I think she was messing with me, this time GB, not you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe rightly both she knows I'd expand the pond if I had to and that I do have the room but I think I maybe done with expansions. And fish after a health scare its time to finish things and enjoy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe rightly both she knows I'd expand the pond if I had to and that I do have the room but I think I maybe done with expansions. And fish after a health scare its time to finish things and enjoy
I was messing with @brokensword since there was a inquiry as to where you got that nice big white koi.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes pricey if anyone is ever looking for just that certain fish koi market on long Island always has some stunning fish. I also tried tori koi this time around as well.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice looking fish, even like the ones that you didn’t just buy that are photo bombing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking fish, even like the ones that you didn’t just buy that are photo bombing.
The orange koi is a offspring of the pond I. Believe the large tan fish in the other photo is the mother. He and only two others have not been rehomed elsewhere.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks tula, in short make sure you get a second opinion
I worked in medicine for a long time, if I ever got a you are in real trouble diagnosis, I would go for at least 3 opinions.

I had a young man come in one time for a lump somewhere private. Doc did a scan in his office showed a cyst don't worry about it, he said I want another scan. I did his scan, it was a cancer. Without him questioning that doc, their office ability to scan, the man would have been in serious trouble. At the time found a fixable cancer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have an extra 3000 gallons in the cistern probably another 1500 in the bog id say safely the stream is probably 500 and the upper pond is probably another 1000 gallons .

That's the calculating that got us in trouble when we had to shut the pump down one winter. Once the water stopped circulating, the only volume we had was the pond proper and sadly it wasn't enough for our big koi. I'm not saying that will happen to anyone else, but it was the factor we did not consider when we added koi to our pond. At 4000 gallons everyone was great; at 2500 (and no water movement) not so much. I will only stock according to the pond size - the rest is just gravy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's the calculating that got us in trouble when we had to shut the pump down one winter. Once the water stopped circulating, the only volume we had was the pond proper and sadly it wasn't enough for our big koi. I'm not saying that will happen to anyone else, but it was the factor we did not consider when we added koi to our pond. At 4000 gallons everyone was great; at 2500 (and no water movement) not so much. I will only stock according to the pond size - the rest is just gravy.
I think I'm going to get lucky as so far my largest fish seem to have slowed way down at under 20 ish inches. And I like that size I really don't want 30 inch koi swimming around thats like a freighter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally got a shot of the other newbie to the family. And the wheeping redbud is coming into bloom Welcome spring. I]
20210417_182856.jpg
20210417_183935.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yes. When i started the pond i purchased cyclers for the pond i did not put any big money fish into the pond . And i have had and still have more babies that are now a year or two old that i still haven't caught and there are some friends around here that i have met that happily grab them when it's time to move up. Going to try and breed some money fish nothing serious but if there's little in the pond other then distinctive fish i have a better chance for the same

Ask a Question