Country
United States
12993327_1165387730138662_441507493131273178_n.jpg

said no one ever! lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
DONT DO IT!!!!!!! Get a Chaperone!

BTW, my new filter is also the 10 biosteps.. How do you like it so far?

It is much nicer than I had hoped (ordered online so only saw photos prior to purchase) very sturdy and has nice heavy duty pads that come with it. I like the space for adding extra media and the lever on the bottom so that you can open it and clean the filter. They only thing that I can fault it for is the cost of the pads when they need to be replaced (I just got mine a year ago so I'm still using the same pads)

Are you using yours yet? I would love to know how you like it and also maybe see how you set yours up. Mine is right out in the open on the edge of the pond. The filter itself isn't too bad but my husband bought big white tubing when he set it up and I think it looks awful. I plan to change that someday but never seem to get around to it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I do and don't buy .I stop by the koi farm in NC just to look at what they have

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It is much nicer than I had hoped (ordered online so only saw photos prior to purchase) very sturdy and has nice heavy duty pads that come with it. I like the space for adding extra media and the lever on the bottom so that you can open it and clean the filter. They only thing that I can fault it for is the cost of the pads when they need to be replaced (I just got mine a year ago so I'm still using the same pads)

Are you using yours yet? I would love to know how you like it and also maybe see how you set yours up. Mine is right out in the open on the edge of the pond. The filter itself isn't too bad but my husband bought big white tubing when he set it up and I think it looks awful. I plan to change that someday but never seem to get around to it.

It's been with me a month but I can't tell if it's making a difference compared to my older filter. It's sticking out over the pond currently till June when my pond gets remade and made deeper. Here is a picture. Note the box next to the bucket.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 252
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I don't feel it's very good setup box though. I connected it to a tube to go to the waterfall and instead of pushing out it overflowed. So basically went and bought the waterfall feature to make it useful cause otherwise it was just pouring out.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine hasn't overflowed at all.

The two things that come to mind that may be the issue are the pump size and outlet tubing size. They have a recommended size for the pump and I do believe I read reviews about people using larger pumps and having trouble with overflow. Also we had to go and buy larger tubing than we used with the old filter set up for the output tubing. I can't recall exactly why but I think I remember the filter box was filling up faster than the output could let water back out. Once we got that worked out it has been good. No issues at all.

Ask a Question