Need Help Asap! Huge Koi Pond Going To Be Drained Need To Catch 200 Fish!

Reaction score
I have a man made pond with concrete floors. it is about 100 ft by 100 ft and 2 feet deep.

we NEED to drain it and do not want to kill any koi so what is the best way to catch these fish?

a hand net would take weeks.

the koi are about 3-6 inches long.

thanks!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
hannakoi said:
I have a man made pond with concrete floors. it is about 100 ft by 100 ft and 2 feet deep.

we NEED to drain it and do not want to kill any koi so what is the best way to catch these fish?

a hand net would take weeks.

the koi are about 3-6 inches long.

thanks!

Where are you located?
What temperature is the pond?
Why are you draining the pond?
Are the floors level?

Reaction score
a fish net you can span over the 100 fish and then corral them to a smaller area.

if you make one i guess you could use a laguana net, cut it to 2.5ft buy 25 lenths and get some floats or caped pvc pipe for the top and whieghts for the bottum.

good luck you'll need it.

oh wait your draining. if you got helpers drain it down to a few inches and quickly net the koi. as it's draining start catching as the water gets to a few inches stop draining and get the rest of the fish. net and then bucket them with the buck or pan in the water never raiseing the koi out of the water if you want to make sure you don't hurt there fins....atleast do this for your nicest ones.

Reaction score
if you have alot of much you may not be able to see them if your walking around in the pond so i am not sure what i just said will work. the large net will work but it's alot of prep unless you can pay for a long net.

Ask a Question