Good Foods for Great Health

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to cut back on carbs! I thought I was but my glucose test says 102 and that I don't like! Guess I need to only eat the very best kind of carbs and no bread, noodles, sweets (fake or unfake cuz they both mess w/your metabolism), no soda's, not even sparkling water w/o sugar cuz now they say the fiz in it is bad for you too. Arabica coffee is supposed to be very good for you but I hate coffee! Dark chocolate is supposed to be good too but what about the sugar in it..................bad! Oh well I guess I will just eat meat and veggies forever oh and gallons of water!
Everything in moderation @j.w they say defund the police is a good idea too. Dr's say at 6'2" i should be 180 pounds . I saw 180 after a heart attack THEY'RE OUT OF THERE MINDS

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I eat what I want, life is too short to cut all the good stuff out. Moderation of course. Since I quit being concerned about anything I eat, my blood tests are better, weight is better, life is better lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In fact making 3 pound cakes today, The old fashion ones, 1lb butter, 1 lb sugar, 1 lb flour, 1 lb eggs (so the recipe says)
2 cups butter
3 cups white sugar
6 eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup milk

I do add vanilla. So good with the coffee in the morning. Add a bit of baileys to the coffee and what a way to start the day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I eat what I want, life is too short to cut all the good stuff out. Moderation of course. Since I quit being concerned about anything I eat, my blood tests are better, weight is better, life is better lol
I have always eaten what I want. My job was extremely physically demanding. I struggled to maintain a 32 inch waist. I retired a year and a half ago. While I still have a 32 waist, I have gained nearly 25 pounds. I need to find new ways to exercise. 6 foot 185 pounds now.
With that said, I made a huge pan of Lasagna last night. 5 kinds of cheeses, sausage, ground beef. Tons of good stuff.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love lasagna with all the good stuff!

I have loss weight during this covid mess, the new pup keeps me way busy. Did not need to lose it but now a bit skinnier.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I don't eat what I want....if I did I'd be as big as a house - LOL ! Primarily eat a plant based diet as daughter is vegan and hubby a vegetarian......and exercise a ton ! It helps that I'm basically addicted to working out - LOL !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have been eating pretty right for me it seems and have lost about 20 lbs. I'm down to 113 lbs now and feel much better and lighter. I found the way for me to lose was to eat less and lots of healthy foods. I still eat all the stuff I like but not in excess, only now and then, well sometimes I go overboard on sweets but I get right back on track. Clothes fit and feel better and moving around is much easier. Also I try to eat my last meal earlier and never later than 6pm. Mostly I eat around 3:30pm and make it a lighter meal than lunch. I'm not a big breakfast eater so I eat more at lunchtime. It's working for me and I am happy. I try to stay away from bad carbs. I love meat and I push down the veggies but have never been very fond of them. I eat apples, melons, and love nuts. I walk 6miles a day all year,every day of the year, rain, sleet, wind or snow. I ride my bike in the warmer, dry days of the year for 2 hours a day. We cut our own firewood, stack it and haul it inside. I do take some supplements too. I do exercises too everyday. I do have some arthritis and am going to PT right now for my neck. Went for my back and shoulders over a year ago and those are pretty much fixed up now. I take Curcumin, Resveratrol, omega 3, Glucosimine/Chondroiton for my joints to replenish the stuff that keeps them moving and relieve any pain or discomfort from arthritis which is pretty mild for now. So life is good!

Ask a Question