Goldfish food question....Pelleted foods?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What are some pelleted [goldfish] foods that
  1. float
  2. are soft and/or become soft fairly quickly once in the water
  3. and of course, are nutritious

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
The hikari brands are supposed to be too heavy in wheat.

I was recommended this and have been giving it to the fish now.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks! This is what I've used in the past, but mainly looking for a healthy variety to feed them. But....do they really crave variety like we do?

They will pretty much eat whatever is available, but given a choice adult Koi will always make insects and worms a main part of their diet. Interestingly, in their natural surroundings, the bulk of their diet is detritus.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Don't mean to hijack your thread but my goldfish seem to be only eating the algae now. The last few days they don't seem bothered with my food (only eat least than half than usually) and always munching on the algae. Anyone experience this?

I am only new at this and this is FREAKING something new everyday.. This is starting to become a full time job.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am only new at this and this is FREAKING something new everyday.. This is starting to become a full time job.
Congratulations! You are now an official member of the "Hobby Of Ponding Club!" LOL! It does become an obsession, and there really IS something new every day -- never stop learning; never stop asking questions; never stop questioning.....!! Be like THIS guy :bookworm:, and not like this guy :bag:.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oops sorry for the bad gammer, was in a rush.
What bad grammar? [other than misspelling "grammar," LOL!] If you mean my response to your post....? I was complimenting your arrival -- you have what it takes to be a successful ponder!

Stay on this forum long enough and you'll see lots of sad situations where people are closed-minded and seem to not really want the help they are asking for. Very sad..... Very frustrating.....

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Stay on this forum long enough and you'll see lots of sad situations where people are closed-minded and seem to not really want the help they are asking for. Very sad..... Very frustrating.....

Really is a great forum. I've must of spent 8 hours in total reading through threads, learned so much.
Half way to my masters degree ha.. Unbelievable the amount of care is needed. Never would of starting knowing what i was getting into LOL.

Also its a very expensive hobby.. I'm broke... little bastards.. if only they knew the struggle ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question