Got some new koi

FredrikAnderson

Koi Herder
Reaction score
So me and my wife have decided to try some breeding. However most of are fish are to small for this for another year at the earliest. We noticed that some people that we bought some koi from last year were selling some again this year and they also had some larger fish avalible. We figured that we would go see what then had and could maybe get a jump start to be able to start breeding sooner. They are more hobbiests then anything and the fish we got last year we got real cheap and they were very healthy. I think this year we really got a steal though. We ended up buying 10 fish. (1)14"+ (1)12" (3)9-10" and (2)rather striking 5-7" the last 3 were small, kind of basic (had the kids with us and let them pick). Cost us $100
Here they are in the same order:
Bowl1024.jpg

Bowl1020.jpg

FredrikAnderson

Koi Herder
Reaction score
Yes the fifth one down is blue. It is the second one I have now that is blue but this one is much bigger. The other looks close to the same but only about 4"-5"

Last one is metallic and should look real nice as he gets older. The shine on the 6th one down is unreal.

The more I look at one of the small 3 we got also, the more I really like it too (the last Picture). Here are some pics of the little 3
Bowl1057.jpg

Bowl1048.jpg

Bowl1077.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice looking Koi for a great price. I think I have 2 of their older brothers. M&M, the orange and black one is 19" and Spot is 16-17".

Attachments

• M&M.JPG
    M&M.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Spot.JPG
    Spot.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 308

Ask a Question